It’s been a long wait since “Kingdom” (킹덤) concluded its 6-episode series on a cliffhanger. But it looks like our patience is finally being rewarded with something from “Kingdom” season 2.
As a Christmas gift, Netflix decided to bless K-drama fans with 5 teasers featuring the main cast and what’s to come. The clips are short (they’re teasers after all) but each of them packs a punch – hyping up our anticipation.
As you may already know, the Netflix original Korean drama series is a historical thriller fusion. The storyline centres around the land of Joseon as the people get infected with a devastating disease that turns the victims into the “undead”.
It is now up to crown prince Chang (played by Joo Ji Hoon) to get to the bottom of where this disease originated from and how to combat it. Thankfully, he’s being help by a medical assistant, Seo Bi (played by Bae Doo Na), as they race against time to solve this mystery while trying to stay alive.
Although actor Ryu Seung Ryong has previously teased some secrets about “Kingdom” season 2, and we’ve list down 8 things about the upcoming drama, there’s still a lot to uncover. The newly-released 5 teasers – titled “Danger”, “Monster King”, “Greed”, “Bloody Joseon”, and “Lifespan” – have something to offer. Watch:
- Clutching a blood-covered sword in his hands, Chang is engulfed in the dark as he heads into the palace.
- Seo Bi is locked up somewhere with her eyes covered. Blood spatters Seo Bi’s face, and a shrill screech can be heard.
- The Queen continues to reign with greed and causes a shaman to meet her end.
- Countless zombies swarm viciously towards the door, signaling that a dark shadow has overtaken Joseon.
- Behind an empty throne is the King, who has turned into a zombie.
“Kingdom” season 2 will premiere on Netflix in March 2020.