Can you believe that it’s been approximately 6 years since Christina Aguilera released her 7th studio album, “Lotus”, back in 2012. Fans are thirsting for her next masterpiece.
After months of teasing on Instagram, saying her upcoming record is “coming, bitches”, the genie is ready to break free. Even though “CA8” (which is what fans are referring to her 8th LP) remains largely a mystery, we’ve piece together several key information to get you excited for Xtina’s new era.
Here are 8 exciting things we know about “CA8″ so far:
1. Aguilera has settled on May to release her new music.
2. An insider claims that the new album is “mostly pop with some R&B sounds”.
3. The source adds that “she’s in talks with the Billboard Music Awards to make her first big appearance in years”. The award show will air on NBC on 20th May.
4. Last month, the singer surprised everyone when she was featured on the cover of Paper Magazine’s March issue sans make up. This is an indication that the 5-time Grammy winner may be opting for a new look for her comeback.
5. “I’ve always been someone that obviously loves to experiment, loves theatrics, loves to create a storyline and play a character in a video or through stage. I’m a performer, that’s who I am by nature,” she was quoted as saying. Aguilera told the publication, “But I’m at the place, even musically, where it’s a liberating feeling to be able to strip it all back and appreciate who you are and your raw beauty.”
6. An LQ snippet called “Masochist” surfaced online last month. Not long after, a track called “Fall In Line” also leaked. Of course, they could be scrapped demos but fans suspect that they could end up on “CA8”. Rumour has it that “Liberation” is a potential album title.
7. As far as collaborations go, both Pink and Demi Lovato have been tied to Aguilera’s music project. She also confirmed that she had been working with fellow “The Voice” coach Pharrell Williams.
8. More recently, there has been speculation of an Xtina and Cardi B collaboration. Both artists were in the same studio around the same time and have been following each other on social media.
On the scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you for the new era of Xtina?