George Clooney and Julia Roberts are like the uncle and aunt you seldom meet, but you could totally imagine them getting drunk and breaking out in a goofy dance at a party. If that is your kind of vibe, then you’ll love seeing these A-list Hollywood stars reunite on the big screen for “Ticket To Paradise”.
In this new rom-com, George Clooney and Julia Roberts play divorced couple David and Georgia, who were married 25 years ago but have now agreed to sabotage their daughter Lily (played by Kaitlyn Dever)’s hasty marriage to Bali-native Gede (played by Maxime Bouttier).
So, what were their first reactions when the pair found out they were going to work together? “They sent me the script, and it was clearly written for Julia and I. In fact, the characters’ names were originally Georgia and Julian. I hadn’t really done a romantic comedy since ‘One Fine Day’  — I haven’t succeeded like Julia has in that forum — but I read it and thought, “Well, if Jules is up for it, I think this could be fun,” Clooney told New York Times.
Roberts too, echoed Clooney’s sentiments, saying, “It somehow only made sense with George, just based on our chemistry. We have a friendship that people are aware of, and we’re going into it as this divorced couple. Half of America probably thinks we are divorced, so we have that going for us. Also, George and I felt a lot of happy responsibility in wanting to make a comedy together, to give people a holiday from life after the world had gone through a really hard time.”
We have 35 pairs of movie tickets to give away. Details of the screening are as per below:
- Date: 4th October, Tuesday
- Time: 8:45pm
- Venue: GSC The Starling Mall
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by early October 2022.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.