Malaysian VIPs are in for a treat :)
In conjunction with K-Pop legendary idol group BIGBANG’s 10th anniversary, the boys released a special music documentary film that features behind-the-scene reels, exclusive footages, honest interviews, and world tour performances. The film, titled “BIGBANG10 The Movie – MADE”, drew in 10 million views in 24 hours when it was released in China recently, making it the most watched South Korean music documentary.
For those of you who have watched the film last night, here’s something to recap some of your favourite BIGBANG moments; but for those who haven’t got the time to do so, please note that this post contains spoilers. Don’t say we didn’t warn you:
(For a spoiler-free breakdown, check out our review here.)
1. True to its title, the movie starts off with the MADE Tour trailer. Our favourite boys can be seen walking out of a building charismatically while looking all dapper. Although you’ve probably seen it a thousand times by now, it’s still exciting to see it on the big screen, accompanied by top-notch sound systems ;)
2. There is nothing sexier than a man who is fully committed to their work. Besides showing us exclusive behind-the-scenes footages and rehearsals, we got to see how serious BIGBANG was during concert preparations, particularly G-Dragon. We cannot describe how extremely macho (we think) he is in “angry leader” mode.
3. Did you know that the happy-go-lucky Daesung has a fear of water and dogs? In the movie, we got to see the idol goofing around while he was chased by dogs and filming underwater. Though his face displayed great fear, we couldn’t help but laugh at his hilarious facial expressions.
4. Since Seungri’s appearance in SNL Korea back in 2013, he is known to be a quite the joker and according to T.O.P, he is actually the ultimate funny man of the group! One of our favourite jokes from the mischievous maknae is when he brilliantly imitates YG Entertainment’s big boss, Yang Hyun Suk.
5. BIGBANG is not the only star in this film – their real “family” was heavily highlighted throughout the film. We love how the boys spoke so highly of their stylist Nunas (older sister in Korean) and choreographer Hyung (older brother in Korean). From the movie, we can definitely feel the love that they have for each other and this is probably the first time we were properly introduced to them.
6. When the music video for “We Like 2 Party” was first released, the boys openly admitted that they were drunk filming it. Surprise surprise, the full video-making process was shown in the film! Our favourite part has to be when an unabashedly drunk T.O.P was belting out during the karaoke scene. It’s funny and extremely horrendous all at the same time! (We still love you nonetheless Choi Seung Hyun <3)
7. In one scene that was filmed before their concert in US, Taeyang’s obsessive behaviours was revealed, and we cannot stress how cute the “RINGA LINGA” singer looks when he’s very determined to do something. As how leader G-Dragon puts it, “If he has something he is obsessed with, he will follow it to the end”.
8. T.O.P cheekily recorded Seungri showering during their break time and he showed everyone in the waiting room. Wait, what? ?
9. After the shower incident, Taeyang righteously avenged his beloved maknae by recording T.O.P in the shower! The anxious rapper then exploded in a slew of vulgarities. In Korean, of course.
10. During their first concert in Seoul last April, G-Dragon actually “disappeared” from the stage after “Bae Bae” because he was out of breath. The scene, which broke our hearts a little, increased our admiration for the hard-working leader to another level as he continued back onstage after a little rest. We also want to give praise to the backstage staff for efficiently helping him feel better during his time of need. It goes to show that anything could happen during a concert, and having your friends by your side can conquer any difficulties.
11. When talking about their tattoos, Taeyang and G-Dragon actually confessed that they still are mama’s boys and that they tried covering up their bodies during their Sydney concert because their parents were there to see them. Coincidentally, after that, the duo’s “Good Boy” performance was shown. Well played.
12. Last but not least, T.O.P walking around in his underwear; G-Dragon sitting down without pants. Enough said.
There you have it, folks. These are all of our favourite moments from BIGBANG’s 10th anniversary movie. Of course, nothing beats watching the movie and fangirling hard over BIGBANG. So for those of you who have yet to see it, make sure to catch it in selected TGV Cinemas before Sunday, 31st July.
Did we also mention that the film is worth every penny of your money? ;)