Keep your eyes open and your blades clean, things are about to get really bloody in “Scream VI”. The slasher sequel will pick where the 5th instalment – “Scream (2022)” left off. To quote Ghostface in the trailer, “there’s never been one like me”. The antagonist is now more terrifying and confident with their exploits than previous killers.
Ghostface isn’t the only big change in “Scream VI”. The “Scream” franchise is ditching Woodsboro for the streets of New York City. The surviving Carpenter sisters – Sam and Tara – as well as twins Mindy and Chad Meeks-Martin can’t seem to escape their twisted past when they’re once again dragged into another meta-slasher-whodunnit scenario.
“We wanted to make this really different, while still having all the stuff you love,” director Matt Bettinelli-Olpin said. “Having a bolder, more brazen Ghostface was a big part of that.” Co-director Tyler Gillett echoed his sentiments, saying, “It’s relentless and really visceral. There’s a lot more of Matt and I in this movie. I think that we had to make ‘Scream 5’ in order to feel like we had permission to do this one. It has all of the ingredients, all of the things that we love about the franchise but it has an attitude that’s a little bit different.”
“With the last ‘Scream’, they were tip-toeing and trying to be very respectful of what the franchise had been up until that point and keeping their inner gory dreams at bay. But with this one, they were like, ‘We’re going all out.’ It’s potentially a hundred times gorier,” actress Melissa Barrera was quoted as saying.
We have 20 pairs of movie tickets to give away. Details of the screening are as per below:
- Date: 8th March 2023, Wednesday (Update: Screening has been postponed indefinitely. A new date will be announced at a later date.)
- Time: TBC
- Venue: GSC The Starling Mall
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by early March 2023.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.