We were first introduced to the Clone Force 99 during the season finale of “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”. “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” follows the elite and experimental crew as they navigate a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War.
For the uninitiated, The Bad Batch crew (aka Clone Force 99) was created from the Kaminoan experiments where each clone possesses a singular unique skill that makes him an extraordinarily effective soldier and an essential part of a formidable crew.
The team is made up of:
1. Hunter – Hunter, the crew leader, is a strong and stoic soldier. Hunter has extraordinarily keen senses that give him an edge when tracking down his targets.
2. Echo – Former ARC Trooper Echo joined the Bad Batch towards the end of the Clone Wars after his rescue from the Techno Union. Echo’s knowledge of proper military tactics and strategy provides valuable insight, while his socket-arm and cybernetic implants give him the unique ability to interact with computer systems.
3. Tech – Tech is the computer and weapons specialist, the most talkative of the group. His genetically enhanced brain can puzzle through technical issues at speeds even faster than some droids.
4. Wrecker – Wrecker is a tower of a soldier, with powerful muscles that make him far stronger than the average clone. He earns his nickname well, as he takes pleasure in smashing things.
5. Crosshair – Crosshair is the team sniper whose sharp vision gives him superior accuracy and, as a result, an air of superiority. His ability to neutralise a target at tremendous distance using his customised 773 Firepuncher rifle makes him an invaluable soldier.
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch” is created by executive producer Dave Filoni (“The Mandalorian,” “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”), and executive produced by Athena Portillo (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” “Star Wars Rebels”), Brad Rau (“Star Wars Rebels,” “Star Wars Resistance”) and Jennifer Corbett (“Star Wars Resistance,” “NCIS”) with Carrie Beck (“The Mandalorian,” “Star Wars Rebels”) as co-executive producer and Josh Rimes as producer (“Star Wars Resistance”). Rau is also serving as supervising director with Corbett as head writer.
“Star Wars: The Bad Batch” debuts on Disney+ on 4th May 2021.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.