Get your metallic grey sticks ready K-pop fans, 2PM (투피엠) is gearing up for their long awaited comeback!
It’s been a hot minute since we last saw Jun. K (formerly known as Junsu), Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho and Chansung in action. And boy, we’ve missed them dearly.
It wasn’t too long ago we had a mini 2PM reunion when Nichkhun and Chansung joined their pal Taecyeon in an episode of “Vincenzo” (currently airing on tvN and Netflix). Now word has it that the 6-member group is prepping for their summer comeback.
As you may know, with Junho officially being discharged last month, all 2PM members have completed their mandatory military service. This upcoming comeback will mark their first album in 5 years. Their last studio album, “Gentlemen’s Game”, came out back in 2016, so fans have been hungry for some new material.
Here’s what we know about 2PM’s comeback so far:
1. JYP Entertainment has confirmed the news, stating, “2PM is currently preparing a new album. The exact timing of the release will be announced later on.”
2. A hint of what’s to come?
This still lives in my mind!!! The beat and everything just gives me the vibes of what they have been telling us now. pic.twitter.com/0uSTnWRNBM
— Les ✨ (@Ok_Bingu) April 4, 2021
3. The recording session
WTF!!! A Wooyoung track?!?!?
Please send me home… I have to go home and eat dinner
Holy shit!!! Ffhdjfhdjdjdjdj pic.twitter.com/Hivm2cqBwF
— Les ✨ (@Ok_Bingu) April 5, 2021
4. They’ve filmed an advertisement together.
That was such a short insta live and they must have filmed something ?????? Taecyeon is really spoiling everything pic.twitter.com/wcgzcQXTeg
— Les ✨ (@Ok_Bingu) April 9, 2021
5. The first OT6 of 2021
6. Their comeback might be around the 2nd quarter of the year.
7. They are also planning for some Japanese promo and a possible dome concert.
8. Wooyoung and Minjun are reportedly the lead producers and writers for this comeback.
Stay tuned to this space for more updates.