Malaysia’s first JONETZ By Don Don Donki has officially launched at Lot 10, Bukit Bintang. Thanks to the media perks, we were some of the first few shoppers who got first dips on some awesome Japanese products.
The Japanese convenience store in Lot 10 has approximately 5000 products (including a wide selection of Muslim-friendly products. Here, visitors can find everything from lifestyle items to groceries. Scroll down to check out what’s being sold on each floor:
Ground Floor: A wide selection of snacks and groceries.
Things to check out:
- Jonetsu Kakaku Organic Sweet Chestnut – Comes in 3 packets, it is organic with the natural sweetness of chestnuts.
- Jonetsu Kakaku Almond & Dried Anchovies Snack – Sweet and a little spicy, tourists would often buy this healthy snack for its taste and high calcium.
Level 1: Groceries, fresh produce meat, sushi, dessert & more
Things to check out:
- Halal Japan Wagyu
- Jonetsu Kakaku Drip Pack Coffee – Best selling coffee in Japan
- Baked Sweet Potato (Yaki-Imo) – Donki’s signature item contains Vitamin A, C & high fibre; perfect for those with diabetes, obesity & high blood pressure.
- Sushi & Delica – sushi, bento, sashimi, & more
- Dessert – Mille Crepe, Cream Daifuku, mochi & more
Level 2: Cosmetics & Beauty, Home & Living, Kitchenware
- Jonetsu Kakaku Hatomugi Skin Lotion – Reduces inflammation after sunburn; suitable for body and face
- Jonetsu Kakaku Horse Oil Shampoo EX & Conditioner EX – Improves damaged hair
- Popular brand such as DHC and K-palette are also sold here
- Cosmetic station – Make up stations are available to try out cosmetics and beauty products
- Home & Living – Diamond Coated Pan and the Diatomaceous Earth Bath Mat are fan favourites
Special RM5 section
- Selected household items like mugs, food containers, kitchen towels, accessories are sold at RM5.
Toys & Accessories section
- Toy brands include Sanrio, Pokemon, and the iconic mascot Donpen.
Additional fun facts about JONETZ By Don Don Donki:
- JONETZ means “Passionate” in Japanese.
- Download the Donki App to earn points (dMiles), enjoy birthday treats, redeem exclusive coupons and more. Membership is free!
- Satoshi Machida, President Pan Pacific Retail Management(Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd, announced that they plan to open 11 more stores in Malaysia by 2024, depending on how successful the franchise is here.
- The second Don Don Donki is expected to open in Petaling Jaya (more info here).
- It will be a 24-hour store (once CMCO is lifted).
- It’s only a short walking distance from the Bukit Bintang MRT station.
- Free limited Donpen Tote bag with a minimum purchase of RM200
- Able to enjoy the best price of imported seasonal strawberry and mandarin oranges from Japan
- Enjoy the lowest price of the in-house brand Jonetsu Kakaku products from RM5