What happens when you combine food with cinema, theatre and technology? 2Spicy Entertainment and Elements Kuala Lumpur have partner up to come up with a new novel experience unlike anything you’ve come across before.
Titled “Le Petit Chef: In The Footsteps Of Marco Polo”, this culinary adventure combines theatre, film, and fine dining (or fun dining) that allows your inner child to come out. Some have even dubbed this as a unique “dinner theatre for Insta-eaters”.
1. The story of Le Petit Chef
Using 3D table projection, diners will follow the culinary journey of “Le Petit Chef”, a small animated chef, in front of you, as he embarks on the journey of Marco Polo’s expeditions. A menu book will be placed on the table in front of you. The pages are blank but an optical illusion technique will be used to project the little chef on it.
A tiny man with a French accent will appear and introduce himself as Le Petit Chef. You’ll probably laugh when he points out that “you have a funny look on your face”. Be amazed as he moves around the table, flipped some pages and virtually cook for you. The best part is? You don’t even need special glasses to see him.
2. In The Footsteps Of Marco Polo
Taking off from his home town of Marseille, diners will get to follow Le Petit Chef as he travels across 5 different regions. Marco Polo’s journey is so well known as he’s journeyed to various exotic locations that are famous for their food and spices.
As we follow him from France to Arabian and Indian markets, up Mount Everest (Himalaya) and across to China, be prepared to engage in a 5 senses spectacle with its sights, sounds, and aromas. Look out for birds, boats, and fire-breathing dragons to fly over your plates during this immersive experience.
3. 5 different cuisines in a 6-course meal
Of course, foodies will want to know – are the food served up to par? It’s not everyday we get to experience 5 very different traditional cuisines at one go and immerse in their culture. Naturally, there are bound to be favourites. Ours were the Middle Eastern set and the final dessert.
4. 3 main menu packages
The Marco Polo menu is divided into 3 packages. They include:
- Marco Polo’s Journey (RM 299/ pax)
- Marco Polo’s Expedition (RM 499/ pax)
- Marco Polo’s Around the World (RM 999/ pax)
Check out the basic menu below:
The Journey Begins
– Pacific oyster, oyster cream, cucumber jelly, caviar
– Fourme d’Ambert, toasted walnut brioche, honeycomb
– Charcoal roasted beetroot, chickpea hummus, parsley, feta cheese
– Marinated lamb, shallots, pomegranate, yoghurt dip
– Lebanese onion, raisins, smoked duck, hazelnut
– Rasam, green lentil, mint leaf, deep fried sweet neem leaves
– Polos salmon, green pea masala, curry leaf, spicy shallot
– Rice Idli, tikka chutney, kurkuri bhindi, salted chili
NO2 raspberry sorbet, kaffir lime soda, mint jelly
Corn fed chicken, monkey ear mushroom, candied ginger, mushroom foam, baby leek, flat rice noodle
Tonka crème brulee, chocolate mousse, blackberry, freeze dried orange
5. There’s also a menu set for children
- Marco Polo’s Kid’s Adventure (RM 99/ pax)
Proving that “Le Petit Chef: In The Footsteps Of Marco Polo” is a family affair, parents are also encourage to bring their kids along and experience this together as a family. According to their website, the minimum age to experience Marco Polo is 6 years old.
6. It’s a social event
What we enjoyed about this dining experience is the social interaction throughout the 90-minute event. In between courses, diners are encourage to interact with one another while they watch the tiny chef travel across the globe on your table.
Bonus: Enjoy the video
“We think the timing to launch this is perfect, as we are 3 months away from Visit Malaysia 2020. This product will set the excitement for our other upcoming experiences, which will also be the first of its kind in Malaysia,” said Arvin Randahwa, CEO of 2Spicy Entertainment.
The details to “Le Petit Chef: In The Footsteps Of Marco Polo” are as follows:
- Venue: Elements KL, HIVE Unit H-G-11, TREC , 438, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur
- Operation: Every Tuesdays to Sundays (closed on Mondays)
- 2 sessions on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday (7pm, 9pm)
- 3 sessions on Friday & Saturday (5pm, 7pm, 9pm)
For more info, visit their website.