Thinking of having a staycation in Malaysia? Or maybe you’re heading back to your hometown for Chinese New Year? Then perhaps you’d like to consider OYO as your go-to option.
What is OYO you asked? OYO (an acronym for “On Your Own”) is South Asia’s largest and fastest growing hospitality group. The company provides hotel accommodation through existing inventory brands. If there’s one thing travellers and city dwellers can count on OYO, it’s the reassurance of quality living spaces without compromising on location, quality, and price.
“There was a huge disconnect between demand and supply of quality living spaces that’s being offered in Malaysia, forcing travellers and urban dwellers to compromise on location, quality and price. As a full-stack hospitality company, we utilise technology and talent to fix this problem, and upgrade all forms of real estate to offer high quality living experiences,” said OYO Malaysia’s new country head, Tan Ming Luk.
OYO was founded by college dropout Ritesh Agarwal in India in May 2013 when he was just 19 years old! The problem in finding affordable accommodations with good hospitality is something we all often face regardless of where we come from. According to Ritesh, OYO promises to make quality assurance its top priority.
Here are 5 more reasons why we think OYO is awesome:
1. A standardisation of quality & comfort during your stay.
OYO hotels has pledge to offer the same level of service and quality for all OYO accommodation. You can expect there to be air conditioning, a clean bathroom, free wifi, a television, spotless white bed linen of a certain thread count, branded toiletries, and more.
2. Value for money at different affordable price points.
- OYO Rooms – Comfort Stays On A Budget
- OYO Home – Home At The Price Of A Room
OYO Home works on similar model as other homestays. It’s targeted to travellers who prefer home stays that offer the local flavour in terms of cuisine, experiences and location.
- OYO Capital O
Capital O is curated for those who want a more luxurious stay.
3. Available throughout Malaysia & across the Globe.
OYO is ubiquitous across the globe. It has already made its mark in India, China, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan, England, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Nepal, Singapore, Thailand, Brazil, Spain, with more to come.
In Malaysia alone, OYO has over 150 hotels and 6000 rooms available across all major cities. They include:
- Kuala Lumpur
- Cameron Highlands
- Kota Kinabalu
4. Book now, pay later.
With the hassle-free option of booking your hotel now and making your payment later, you no longer have to worry about paying in advance. According to its FAQ, “customers have the option to either make an advance payment or pay at the hotel during check-out”.
5. Download the app and get additional RM100 OYO Money.
Bookings can be made on the OYO website. But when you download the OYO app, users will be rewarded with RM100 OYO Money, which you can use it for further discounts when booking your stays. Feel free to make your bookings via Android or IOS.
For our Hype x OYO Chinese New Year contest, we’re looking to reward 25 winners with RM200 worth of OYO vouchers each. This will give you the perfect excuse to start planning your upcoming trips for the year. Here are a few important things to note:
- Each winner will receive RM200 OYO vouchers (RM50 coupon code x 4).
- The OYO vouchers can only be used to book OYO accommodations within Malaysia.
- The OYO vouchers are valid from now until 30th April 2019.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and can’t be redeemable by cash.
- Any additional charges incurred are to be settled with OYO.
Terms and conditions:
- Follow Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Follow OYO Malaysia’s Facebook, and follow them on Instagram @oyo.malaysia and Twitter @OYOMalaysia.
- Share this post on your Facebook and Twitter. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Share your Invite Code listed under the “Invite & Earn” section when you download the app.
- Remember to include the hashtags #HypeMYContest #HypeMYxOYO.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Please send us your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify. This is important!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by late February 2019.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Confused by the contest instructions above? Here is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
For more information, visit OYO’s website here.