This Christmas will be extra special as we anticipate Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” to recapture the magic of the original movie.
Said to be a sequel 64 years in the making, Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” is pretty much a continuation and not a remake. We see this film picks up more than 20 years after the events of the first movie.
The synopsis for Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” is as follows:
“Disney’s ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ stars Emily Blunt as the practically-perfect nanny with unique magical skills who can turn a routine task into an unforgettable, fantastic adventure.
“In this all new sequel, which has a fresh sensibility yet celebrates the spirit of the original, Mary Poppins is back to help the next generation of the Banks family find the joy and wonder missing in their lives after they experience a personal loss. The enigmatic nanny is joined by her friend Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda) an optimistic street lamplighter who helps bring light – and life – to the streets of London.”
When asked about what was the biggest challenge in taking on this role for Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns”, Emily Blunt singled out the dancing element. “I feel that I just try to approach her as I would any other character and not be caught up in the white noise of, ‘Oh my God, you are Mary Poppins‘,” she told Screen Rant.
The 35-year-old English actress added, “I think that has been my main focus, is just to approach her calmly, as I would any other character, how I would play her, with what I have given on the page? I have not watched the (original) since I saw it as a child, cause I… no one is going to outdo Julie Andrews. I think I just want to… this is just going to be my version her. The dancing has been the most daunting prospect for me.”
Our friends from Disney Malaysia have graciously provided us with some goodies to give away to our lucky readers. Do note that the merchandise will be given out to winners with the most likes and shares, and are subject to availability.
- Limited Edition Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” Scarfs
- Limited Edition Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” Memo Pads
- Limited Edition Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” USB Drives
- Limited Edition Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” Pocket Mirrors
- Limited Edition Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” Umbrellas
And that’s not all! On top of that, we’ve also got 10 pairs of Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” preview screening passes up for grabs 😉
Deets of the screening as are follows:
- Date: 21st December 2018 (Friday)
- Ticket collection: 8:30pm (*subject to change)
- Location: TGV Sunway Pyramid
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook and Twitter. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share/retweet your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Complete the following caption: “I want to watch Disney’s ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ because…” (no word limit)
- Remember to include the hashtags #HypeMYxDisney #MaryPoppinsReturns.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- Private Message us the link to your post on Facebook after you’re done. Please include your Twitter and Instagram handles so that we can verify. This is important!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by mid December 2018.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Confused by the contest instructions above? Here is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
For more information, hit up the Disney’s Facebook page.