In Tinseltown, 1 minute a new romance blossoms and the next, you’d hear another Hollywood couple splitting up.
Over time, you’ve probably forgotten about some of the odd celebrity couples in Hollywood. Thanks to the internet, we’ve compiled a list celebrity couples who will make you go, “Wait, they used to date one another?” Some of these are pretty jaw-dropping:
1. Ryan Gosling and Sandra Bullock
- The year they dated: 2002
- What happened: Despite a 16-year gap, Sandra Bullock and Ryan Gosling met and fell in love on the set of their film “Murder By Numbers”. However, their romance didn’t last more than 2 years.
2. Emily Blunt and Michael Bublé
- The year they dated: 2005
- What happened: It’s hard to think of Emily Blunt and Michael Bublé as couple now that they’re happily married with John Krasinski and Luisana Lupiato respectively. The former flames first met at the singer’s concert. They broke up after 3 years when Bublé was caught in bed with another woman.
3. Jessica Biel and Chris Evans
- The year they dated: 2001
- What happened: Justin Timberlake’s wife used to date Captain America, a.k.a. Chris Evans. They were together from 2001 to 2006 before going separate ways.
4. Lenny Kravitz and Nicole Kidman
- The year they dated: 2002
- What happened: Nicole Kidman revealed in 2017 that she was secretly engaged to Lenny Kravitz when they were dating between 2002 and 2003. The Oscar-winning actress is currently working with Lenny’s daughter, Zoe, in the 2nd season of HBO’s “Big Little Lies”.
5. Liam Hemsworth and Eiza Gonzalez
- The year they dated: 2013
- What happened: During Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus’ spilt, the Aussie hunk was photographed locking lips with Mexican model-actress Eiza Gonzalez. Nothing much came from that short fling though.
6. Camila Cabello and Austin Mahone
- The year they dated: 2014/2015
- What happened: The former Fifth Harmony star briefly dated fellow singer Austin Mahone. During an interview, Camila shared that “Never Be the Same” was inspired by a boy that she dated for around 2-3 months.
7. Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon
- The year they dated: 2007
- What happened: The pair met on the set of the film “Rendition” in 2006, but it wasn’t until a year later that they became official. Their relationship lasted for almost 3 years before breaking up in 2009. Having just divorced, rumour has it that Reese Witherspoon wasn’t ready to wed Jake Gyllenhaal.
8. Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough
- The year they dated: 2010
- What happened: “Every relationship, there was nothing wrong or bad, but there was nothing right. I had one foot out because I didn’t want to get hurt. And I didn’t say what was on my mind because I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers,” Julianne Hough once opened up about her failed relationship with Ryan Seacrest. The dancer is now happily married to hockey player Brooks Laich.
9. Keira Knightley and Jamie Dornan
- The year they dated: 2003
- What happened: Before Jamie Dornan became Christian Grey, he was just a male model dating Keira Knightley. It was hard dating Knightley as she was star of “Pirates of the Caribbean” at the time. The pressure eventually took a toll on their relationship.
10. Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner
- The year they dated: 2009
- What happened: The 2 Taylors acted opposite each other in “Valentine’s Day”. Their romance only lasted from October till December in 2009. The reason being? Sources claim that “he liked her more than she liked him”. Swift also expressed her regret in her hit song, “Back to December”.
Out of the 10 couples mentioned, which ones are you most surprised? If you can think of any former surprising/odd couples who once dated, let us know in the comments section below.