K-entertainment fans, it’s time to slurp up some mango smoothie goodness!
Seoul’s premium dessert café brand, MangoSix (망고식스), is one of South Korea’s most popular coffee places. According to MangoSix CEO Kang Hoon, MangoSix is so wildly popular (thanks to its “cameo” in 2012’s “A Gentleman’s Dignity“) that it has overtaken Starbucks in South Korea with an annual income of 100 billion won!
To date, MangoSix has over 500 outlets in South Korea, the United States, and today, its first outlet in Malaysia has officially opened ;)
Combining premier coffee and espresso with desserts and juices in a cozy and casual bakery-style cafe setting, MangoSix champions fresh, mouthwatering desserts such as their mango cream smoothie and ice flakes/shaved ice (팥빙수). You may remember seeing a lot of the brand in 2013’s popular K-Drama, “The Heirs” (otherwise known as “The Inheritors”).
It’s also important to note that MangoSix believes in healthy desserts, thus, their drinks are made with freshly blended 100% mango juice. And just in case you didn’t know, there’s a multitude of health benefits from mangoes such as:
- Prevents cancer: Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes.
- Lowers cholesterol: The high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically Low-Density Lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
- Clears the skin: Can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
- Eye health: One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Alkalizes the whole body: The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.
- Boosts immune system: The generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.
Oh my, we need to get some! What say you? ;)
The first MangoSix Malaysia outlet is located at The Cube, No.11, Jalan Puteri 7/13A, Bandar Puteri, 47100, Puchong, Selangor Darul Ehsan. MangoSix Malaysia is open from 9am – 12am daily.
BONUS: From now until 15th June 2016, you’re entitled to a 50% off your 2nd drink with every purchase of a MangoSix drink. Yum :)
For more information, visit MangoSix Malaysia’s Facebook page.