One of MTV’s most highly anticipated awards came back in full force earlier today in California, US. The MTV Movie Awards, best known for its offbeat humour, live performances, and the “Golden Popcorn” trophy, was hosted by
Fat Amy Rebel Wilson this year. Of course, she later went on to bag some bling-ing popcorn for “Pitch Perfect”. But who’s surprised, really?
The night also saw the trailer premiere of “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”, the one movie we’re absolutely sitting on the edge of our seat for. Can’t deny that this was the ultimate highlight of the 2013 MTV Movie Awards:
[youtube id=”jyPnQw_Lqds” width=”600″ height=”350″]
November can’t come any sooner!
Also, we fell head over heels in love with Emma Watson all over again when she gave what could’ve been the best acceptance speech we’ve ever heard from her. She won this year’s “Trailblazer Award” in what looked like a classic “Sorting Hat” moment at the awards:
You have supported me in all of my awkwardness and allowed me to grow into the kind of actress and the kind of person that I hope to be so thank you very much for that. If you truly put your heart into what you believe in, even if it makes you vulnerable, amazing things can and will happen.
And what is this we’re hearing about some “50 Shades of Grey” role confirmation? More on that later.
Without further ado, here’s the list of this year’s MTV Movie Awards winners:
- Movie of the Year – “The Avengers”
- Best Female Performance – Jennifer Lawrence in “Silver Linings Playbook”
- Best Male Performance – Bradley Cooper in “Silver Linings Playbook”
- Breakthrough Performance – Rebel Wilson in “Pitch Perfect”
- Best Scared-As-Sh*t-Performance – Suraj Sharma in “Life of Pi”
- Best On-screen Duo – Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane as Ted in “Ted”
- Best Shirtless Performance – Taylor Lautner in “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2″
- Best Fight – Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner vs. Tom Hiddleston in “The Avengers”
- Best Kiss – Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper in “Silver Linings Playbook”
- Best WTF Moment – Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson — “Candieland Gets Smoked” in “Django Unchained”
- Best Hero – Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins in “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey”
- Best Villain – Tom Hiddleston as Loki in “The Avengers”
- Best Musical Moment – Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp, Brittany Snow, Alexis Knapp, Ester Dean and Hana Mae Lee — “Pitch Perfect”
[youtube id=”q573_hDhTbE” width=”600″ height=”350″]
- Trailblazer Award – Emma Watson
- Comedic Genius – Will Ferrell
- MTV Generation Award – Jamie Foxx
If you missed the live broadcast this morning, fret not! The 2013 MTV Movie Awards will rerun tonight at 8pm (INDO), 9pm (SIN/HK/PH), 10pm (MAL).
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia