• Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home News

#FantasticFour: Sequel Is Doomed; Pulled From 20th Century Fox Schedule

by Adrina
November 25, 2015
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

Can’t say we didn’t see this one coming.

In a report by BoxOfficeMojo, the sequel to the “Fantastic Four” reboot was removed from 20th Century Fox‘s upcoming release schedule. The sequel was initially slated for release on 9th June 2017.

Fantastic Four 2015

Directed by Josh Trank, “Fantastic Four” was initially highly anticipated by fans due to Trank’s success with the 2012 sci-fi film, “Chronicle”.

But as you may already know, the potentially awesome franchise was plagued with problems amidst production. Trank was originally attached to direct an upcoming “Star Wars” project before he was fired by Disney. Word has it that Disney fired him due to his unusual conduct during the making of “Fantastic Four”, which made Disney executives change their minds about entrusting the young director with “Star Wars”.

An insider also told The Hollywood Reporter that the “Chronicle” director was at times “very isolated” and “did not offer clear direction”, adding:

IF YOU’VE GOT SOMEONE WHO CAN’T ANSWER QUESTIONS OR WHO ISN’T SURE OR IS IN HIDING, THAT’S NOT GOOD.

On top of his erractic behaviour, there was apparently a conflict between Trank and Simon Kinberg, co-writer and producer for “Fantastic Four”. Kinberg had to step in with producer Hutch Parker to complete the movie, which underwent re-shoots just 3 months before opening.

The Fantastic Four

Earlier in August, Trank also lashed out on Twitter to reveal that the original version of his film would’ve been better than the one that’s out in theatres.

John Campea of Collider Movie Talk was told that Fox apparently took over the 3rd act from Trank and removed him from the editing room. A total of 3 big action set pieces were pulled by Fox days before Trank began filming “Fantastic Four”, whch explained the lack of action scenes in the movie.

Classic Fantastic: Fossil Drops Two Limited-Edition “The Fantastic Four: First Steps” Timepieces
YouTube video

As a result, the film, which is the 3rd “Fantastic Four” movie distributed by 20th Century Fox, struggled to find its audience when it was officially released. It is considered to be a failure by many as it grossed USD167million worldwide on a USD120 million budget.

With the cast still in place, the sequel to “Fantastic Four” can still happen. However, the story needs a drastic change and it needs to have a better director.

What do you think? Will you still watch the sequel to “Fantastic Four”? Who do you think should direct it? Share your thoughts in the comments box below.

Sources: Coming Soon, Cinema Blend, BoxOfficeMojo, AV Club, THR, Collider.

20th Century FoxFantastic FourThe Fantastic Four 2 Release Date
https://lomp.at/ialtq
Share3SendTweet2Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

SOURCE: FACEBOOK (Malaysia Airlines)
News

KLIA Airspace To Close This Week For Merdeka Celebrations; MAS Flights Retimed

by Adleena
August 25, 2025

As Merdeka Day approaches, authorities and official agencies are announcing temporary closures and changes to facilitate the celebrations. Amongst the...

Read moreDetails
SOURCES: TWITTER (@mohd_escobar & @SinarOnline)
News

Former Kelantan Football Player Arrested In Golok Shooting Case

by Adleena
November 3, 2025

Netizens were in shock following reports that a local man was fatally shot a total of 18 times while at...

Read moreDetails
Source: AirAsiaPlay
News

Malaysia’s Merdeka 118 Earns Global Title As The Best Tall Building In The World

by Afiq Amin
November 4, 2025

It’s been nearly two years since Merdeka 118 opened its doors to the public, but it has already achieved iconic...

Read moreDetails
Sources: Facebook/Thai Enquirer, Canva
News

Thailand To Finalise RM40 Tourist Entry Fee Decision Within Four Months

by Melissa
October 7, 2025

Thailand’s government is edging closer to introducing a long-discussed entry fee for foreign visitors. The proposed charge, intended to support...

Read moreDetails
Source: Facebook/Lrt Shah Alam Line
News

LRT3 Shah Alam Line Faces Further Delays: What Commuters Need To Know

by Melissa
December 11, 2025

After years of planning, revisions and shifting timelines, the LRT3 Shah Alam Line is entering its final stretch but commuters...

Read moreDetails


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    Chrissie Chau Responds To Defamation Suit From Businessman Martin Lee

  2. 2

    (Video) Taiwanese Actress Belle Chuo Reveals Her Sensitive Spot While Filming A Commercial For Durex

  3. 3

    Natalie Tong’s Bakery Business Reportedly Slowing Down Just Over A Year After Opening

  4. 4

    “Marvel Zombies”: Full Episode Breakdown, Survivors, and Season 2 Hints

  5. 5

    (Video) TXT Shows Love To Malaysian MOAs At First KL Concert

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?

Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my

NETWORK

  • Lowyat.NET
  • Murai
  • Hangat
  • Lipstiq
  • Wanista
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
  • Fourthofficial

ABOUT

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.