Legendary superstar Engelbert Humperdinck is returning to Malaysia for a concert in Resorts World Genting. Dubbed as the King of Romance, the 86-year-old shot to fame with his 1967 hit single, “Release Me”. The song shot to no.1 in 11 countries and remained on the UK Top 50 Singles chart for 56 weeks.
Following the success of “Release Me”, the British singer went on to release more timeless classics including “Am I That Easy To Forget”, “Quando Quando Quando”, “A Man Without Love” and “When There’s No You”.
Between the mid-1970s and the 1990s, Engelbert was a musical touring force – having performed up to 200 concerts a year with headlining appearances in Las Vegas. The crooner was also known for his many music collaborations, namely his double-CD duets album, “Engelbert Calling” in 2014 featuring music by Elton John, Willie Nelson, Johnny Matthis, Cliff Richard, Kenny Rogers, Gene Simmons and Smokey Robinson.
In the span of 55 years in the music business, Engelbert has sold over 140 million records, including 64 gold albums and 35 platinum, achieved four Grammy nominations, a Golden Globe, and has stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Las Vegas Walk of Fame, and Leicester Walk of Fame. He’s also struck a new chord with the younger generation when his song “A Man Without Love” was recently featured in Marvel’s “Moon Knight” on Disney+. Sony Pictures’ new Brad Pitt film, “Bullet Train” also features his song, “Forever Blowing Bubbles”.
Titled “Falling in Love with Engelbert Humperdinck”, his Malaysian concert details are as follows:
- Date: 13th August 2022 (Saturday)
- Venue: Arena of Stars, Resorts World Genting
- Time: 8.30pm sharp
- Ticket Prices: RM696 (VIP), RM456 (PS1), RM306 (PS2) and RM196 (PS3)
Thanks to our friends from Resorts World Genting, we’re giving away 10 concert tickets (PS2 seats) to watch Engelbert Humperdinck when he performs in Malaysia. Here are the terms & conditions on how you can win a pair of tickets for yourself:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this contest on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and tell which is your favourite Engelbert Humperdinck song in our Facebook post here.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by 7th August 2022.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.