In the shadow of every hero, lies a villain. Get ready superhero fans, cause a new Marvel legend is arriving and his name is Morbius. Following the mega success of “Spider-Man: No Way Home”, we’re stoke that another Spidey-family character will be making his Marvel Cinematic Debut on the big screen.
Taking on the enigmatic antihero Michael Morbius is Oscar winner Jared Leto. This character has gone from being a straight villain to a bit of an antihero in the comic books. Despite multiple delays due to the pandemic, it’s nice to see that fan enthusiasm is still high.
In speaking to IGN about his character, Jared Leto said, “(Morbius is) a pretty complex character. This is somebody who has a lot of conflict in his life. He’s a guy who’s born with this horrible disease and is really a gifted person. When he was young, he was very curious about science and medicine and decided to dedicate his life to find a cure for the disease that he’s afflicted with and that others like him have, as well. But along the way, all hell breaks loose.”
There are also hints at crossovers with the wider Marvel multiverse. “There’s all kinds of opportunities for villains to meet up and maybe nurture their more sinister intents,” the 50-year-old actor was quoted as saying.
Tom Holland has also expressed interest to see a showdown between Spider-Man and the deadly villain. “I actually think the Morbius film looks really cool. And it’s more scary, that film. I think it could be quite a cool thing… Spider-Man versus a vampire.”
In conjunction with the premiere of “Morbius” on 31st March, we’ve got some awesome movie merchandise and 10 pairs of movie tickets to give away. (*Do note that the merchandise will be given out randomly and are subject to availability.)
- “Morbius” Catchall Tray
- “Morbius” Notebook with Pen
- “Morbius” Cap
- “Morbius” Bottle
- 20 in-season passes
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Question: Which Spider-Man villains (hint: R & BC) were spotted on the Daily Bugle newspaper in the “Morbius” trailer?
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by early April 2022.
- This contest is only open to those living in Klang Valley as winners will need to collect the prizes from Hype’s office.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.