Korean reporter Lee Jin Ho is weighing in his thoughts on the shocking scandal involving Kim Seon Ho (김선호)’s abortion case.
The entertainment journalist-turned-YouTuber uploaded a video on his YouTube channel last night (Thursday, 21st October), titled “The Aftermath Of Kim Seon Ho’s Apology: Was he exposed because he tried to leave the agency?”
For those who don’t know, reporter Lee was the first person who exposed the Hallyu star when the “Actor K” controversy first came to light. He also hinted that something big would happen if the real identity of the ex-girlfriend was revealed. He opened by stating, “Kim Seon Ho, who has been embroiled in a recent controversy, has chosen to apologise instead of denying or giving excuses.”
“After my broadcast, there were two issues that arose. One is the suspicion that Kim Seon Ho’s ex-girlfriend is an escort in the entertainment business. This is a very absurd speculation. If Kim Seon Ho was meeting a woman from those businesses, then there is not even an ounce of hope for him,” the reporter said in his video.
Lee added by explaining, “‘A” (Kim’s ex-GF)’s identity was partially disclosed. I didn’t know it would be revealed this fast. I found issues from A’s posts and I also received a lot of tips. I even called ‘A’ personally to check the contents.”
He then pointed out, “There are divided opinions that ‘A’ is a victim. It’s hard to see that everything ‘A’ wrote is all true. There were more than a few parts that were distorted and there were questions that arose due to this reason. This was what happened between a man and a woman and Kim didn’t do anything wrong according to the law.”
“That being said, ultimately, the two were lovers, and the pregnancy and also the abortion were close to the real truth. However, I will not speak about this further since Kim Seon Ho, who is at the centre of this, has apologised,” he was quoted as saying.
In the video, Lee also expressed his objection against “A’s” legal reps claims, who said that she’s a non-celebrity. As we previously reported, the woman used to work in the broadcasting industry for nearly 10 years. A few netizens later claimed that Kim’s ex is former weather forecaster Choi Young Ah.
Lee also chimed in on the rumours on whether Kim’s agency, Salt Entertainment, deliberately exposed the actor. According to the reporter, the reports are not true. Lee Jin Ho explained, “The contract has not ended and Salt Entertainment stated that they have to manage Kim Seon Ho as long as he belongs to the company, and the agency must worry about paying the fees for breaching contracts.”
For that reason, reporter Lee elaborated that “it doesn’t make sense” for his company to release such information to bring down the actor’s reputation. To quote Lee in the clip, “In my perspective, they’re a company that is trying to protect Kim Seon Ho.”
At the same time, reporter Lee also stated that the internet user claiming to be someone close to the “100 Days My Prince” actor cannot be trusted. He said, “If this person is indeed a close acquaintance of Kim Seon Ho, there is no way that they would not know the remaining contract period for him.”
He added, “That (Instagram) account was made to snatch away even the last hope that fans have. When I checked, Kim Seon Ho was still in contact with his acquaintances on the 18th. And I saw that this person deleted the post probably because they felt guilty of something.”
“This person said that there will be more exposure that will be released with the media outlets on the 25th, but this person knows nothing about this field of business. If this information was spread to media outlets, it would have already been released. This is an account that is hard to trust,” reporter Lee expressed.
Watch the full video here:
The 35-year-old actor’s label has also come forward to clear the air on all the rumours surrounding the status of his contract. “The rumour saying that Kim Seon Ho’s contract with our agency expired in September is not true. He still has plenty of time left on his contract. We haven’t even started discussing about his (contract) renewal yet,” Salt Entertainment clarified.
The agency also appeared to shut down the allegations made by the aforementioned IG user on their social media, saying that the rumours are “groundless and false”.