• Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News
No Result
View All Result
No Result
View All Result
Home Celebrity

Sylvia Chan Apologises & Clarifies What Happened With Samantha Tan

by Justin
October 14, 2021
Sylvia
12
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Whatsapp

Sylvia Chan had some time to reflect and is finally breaking her silence on the controversy and abusive allegations. As a result, Night Owl Cinematics (NOC) and its staff have also been dragged into this mess.

Following NOC’s lawyer letter to anonymous Instagram account @sgcickenrice, Sylvia posted a lengthy apology while acknowledging some of her shortcomings and feeling ashamed over what had transpired.

Failed as a leader

In her statement, Sylvia admitted there have been instances where her emotions got the better of her, which in hindsight, painted her as unkind and rude. “My expressions may have been harsh. However, it was never my intention to upset anyone. I will learn to be more conscious about my choice of words. Moving forward, I can and I will do better,” she said. “I assumed that my behaviour were [sic] accepted fully by the people around me. Upon reflection, I may have failed to provide the safe space for my colleagues to give me feedback.”

Beef with Samantha Tan

In the screenshots that were leaked, it was disheartening to see the NOC co-founder and chief executive calling Samantha “f**king dumb”, “f**king annoying”, a “f**kface”, and even planning an “exit strategy” behind her back. Although Sylvia owned up to the fact that harsh language were used, she doesn’t think it was the case of her “bullying a subordinate”.

Samantha had been a contestant on NOC’s Knockout reality competition, where she won the grand prize, which included a full-time contract with the YouTube company. However, Sylvia was furious after finding out that Samantha had an existing 3-year bond with a government agency.

“In my anger, I made my sentiments clear so that other contestants, who would be able to join us as a full-time content creator, can have the opportunity,” she said. “Whatever I shared to my colleagues do not represent what I feel about her as a person but towards the situation.” Sylvia also claimed that they have since reconciled after Samantha reached out to her.

Moving Forward

While it is unclear whether Sylvia remains in the leadership position, the 32-year-old will be “removed from NOC’s lineup of artistes”. “I agree alongside with the leadership team, that as a talent and content creator, I do not deserve the current job opportunities NOC offers. Hence, I will take time to reflect,” she was quoted as saying.

Comments from the public

Someone brought up the point that if Sylvia felt remorse, why was the lawyer’s letter issued to @Sgcickenrice? Is it the case of “sorry-cause-I-got-caught”? To quote Vernon, the letter really “plummeted her reputation” and now the public are hesitant to sympathise with her anytime soon.

Instagram user @x3slayer pointed out that Sylvia has just removed herself from the talent roster but remains as the company’s CEO. “So much for acting like that’s a punishment and time to reflect (which sponsor even wants her in the video at this point),” IG user @mingrui.ch added.

It also seemed like Sylvia wasn’t being honest, as pointed out by Samantha…

Samantha Tan calls out alleged untruths in Sylvia apology statement

Sylvia

Samantha debunked Sylvia’s claims, explaining all 8 contestants had allegedly signed a 3-year talent contract before the reality series started filming. According to her, NOC’s lawyers had already reviewed her contract to ensure that the 2 contracts did not overlap. Apparently, all 8 of them were “granted the grand prize before filming began”.

In case you missed what’s been going on, get the full scoop here.

Night Owl CinematicsNOCNOC RyanNOC SamanthaNOC SylviaRyan TanSamantha TanSgcickenriceSylvia Chan
https://lomp.at/kgmm3
Share5SendTweet3Share

Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news. 

FOLLOW THE HYPE

SOURCE: INSTAGRAM (@isaisarb)
Celebrity

(Video) Content Creator Isa Isarb Exposes Employee For Misappropriating RM50k Of Company Funds

by Adleena
December 24, 2025

Establishing your own company comes with many risks, including hiring incompetent employees. Recently, Malaysian content creator Isa Isarb revealed that...

Read moreDetails
SOURCE: TWITTER (@nexta_tv)
Celebrity

French Streamer Jean Pormanove’s Death On Livestream Sparks Outrage

by Adleena
August 21, 2025

Internet challenges can be fun and engaging, but some can also be dangerous and possibly even fatal. Recently, reports of...

Read moreDetails
Source: Facebook/Ticket2U
Celebrity

Indonesian Stars Rizky Febian, Fabio Asher & Anggi Marito To Light Up KL In “Malam 3 Suara” Concert

by Melissa
September 18, 2025

Get ready for an unforgettable night of soul-stirring music as three of Indonesia’s most beloved pop stars, Rizky Febian, Fabio...

Read moreDetails
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@alexfongliksun & @joshuadun)
Celebrity

From Alex Fong To Debby Ryan: Recent Celebrity Baby News

by Adleena
December 19, 2025

Welcoming a new addition to the family is always a heartwarming blessing. And when celebrities welcome a new baby or...

Read moreDetails
SOURCES: FACEBOOK (China Press (中國報) & Namewee 黃明志)
Celebrity

Namewee’s Mugshot Exposed Amid Alleged Drug Use & Investigation Into Iris Hsieh’s Death

by Adleena
November 4, 2025

Over the weekend, news broke that Taiwanese influencer Iris Hsieh (谢侑芯) died at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur. The biggest...

Read moreDetails


TOP STORIES TODAY

  1. 1

    Chrissie Chau Responds To Defamation Suit From Businessman Martin Lee

  2. 2

    (Video) Taiwanese Actress Belle Chuo Reveals Her Sensitive Spot While Filming A Commercial For Durex

  3. 3

    Influencer Sprite Fang Claims Namewee & Iris Hsieh Previously Dated

  4. 4

    Male Customer Flees Hair Salon In Pavilion KL After Receiving RM890 Haircut

  5. 5

    (Video) TXT Shows Love To Malaysian MOAs At First KL Concert

Malaysia’s live-wire for the latest news, trends, and entertainment is finally here. We are your calendar, your grapevine, your comic relief, your post-event coverage, and your celebrity stalker. Did we also mention that we are also your gateway to the world?

Contact us: newsdesk@hype.my

NETWORK

  • Lowyat.NET
  • Murai
  • Hangat
  • Lipstiq
  • Wanista
  • Varnam
  • Moviedash
  • Autofreaks
  • Fourthofficial

ABOUT

  • About
  • Advertise
  • Jobs
  • Terms
  • Privacy Policy

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.

No Result
View All Result
  • Hype Picks
    • Go
    • Eats
    • Style
    • Streams
    • Concerts
  • Celebs
    • K-pop
  • Music
    • Reviews
    • Interviews & Features
  • Movies & TV
    • Movies
    • TV
    • Features
  • Lifestyle
    • Tech
    • Travels
    • News

©2026 Vijandren Ramadass. All Rights Reserved.