After 29 days of treatment and battling Covid-19 in Ampang Hospital, singer Fazli Zainal is thankful to be alive and was finally allowed to return home last weekend. Two days after being released from the hospital, the Malaysian Idol alum revealed his experience being in the ward while fighting the virus.
Fazli at the virtual press conference for his latest single titled “Mantan Yang Terluka” on Monday (30th August) had the opportunity to recount the distressing moment while in hospital. He shared that the experience during that period of 29 days was terrifying and he saw this chance of recovery as a second chance for him to lead a better life.
The 43-year-old singer recounted the moment he felt death came knocking at his door as soon as he received the news of the passing of the late Siti Sarah Raissuddin on 9th August. Fazli said that Shuib had previously called to ask about his condition and Faizal informed him that his oxygen level was uncertain.
“People were tagging me on Instagram and Facebook; as soon as I woke up I saw that the late Siti Sarah had passed away. I couldn’t help but think that in the next few hours, it might be my turn to die. This is because at the time we were both fighting against Covid-19. I think our lives will be taken away at any moment and I’m thankful to be given a second chance at life,” Fazli remarked. He admitted that the death of the late Siti Sarah deeply affected him.
He said during the 29 days when he was treated at the hospital, he was unable to take a shower because his oxygen level had dropped significantly. “It’s not that I refused to shower, but I couldn’t. Once I asked the nurse’s permission to take a shower and while in the toilet, my oxygen dropped instantly to 55 percent,” he shared.
Fazli said that he is now in a positive spirit as the doctors informed that he is able to recover as usual. “The doctors said that Insyaallah my condition will keep improving as there are many cases of fully recovered patients previously. I need to take supplements, do a lot of exercises and walk to ease the blood flow in my body,” he added during the virtual press conference.
The “Harapan” singer was admitted to the hospital on 31st July after his oxygen level dropped a week after testing positive for Covid-19. At the time, a computed tomography (CT) scan revealed 75 percent of his lungs were infected. He was later admitted to the ICU to increase the oxygen level in his body.
He previously informed that he hadn’t had the chance to take the first dose of the vaccine which was due on 23rd July, as he was tested positive prior to the date. Fazli also expressed his gratitude to all parties who prayed for and helped him go through the tough time.