The pandemic may had put a damper on many wedding plans last year, but thankfully with the restrictions lifted abroad, many couples – celebrities included – have been able to resume their nuptial ceremonies.
Throughout 2021, several high profile lovebirds have decided to take their relationship to the next level after being quarantine for a long duration. Of course, big lavish events are out of the question but it’s still heartwarming to see our favourite celeb couples say their “I dos”.
Issa Rae & Louis Diame
- Date: 25th July
- Where: Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, South of France
- The 36-year-old “Insecure” actress wore a custom Vera Wang gown while her hubby was clad in a red Dolce & Gabbana suit.
Kitty Spencer & Michael Lewis
- Lady Kitty Spencer is Princess Diana’s niece and the first cousin of Prince William and Prince Harry.
- Date: July 2021
- Where: Baroque home Villa Aldobrandini in Frascati, Rome
- More details here.
Jenna Ushkowitz & David Stanley
- Date: 24th July
- Where: An outdoor ceremony in a Los Angeles.
- “We were elated and so grateful that we didn’t have to push our wedding and that we got to have the day of our dreams,” the “Glee” actress told Brides. “It was such a gift that we were able to share it with our friends and family.”
- They announced their engagement in August 2020 after dating for 2 years.
Emma Bunton & Jade Jones
- Date: 13th July
- Baby Spice and singer Jade Jones finally tied the knot after being together for 21 years. They share 2 sons, Tate, 10, and Beau, 13.
- The pair got engaged in 2011.
Nicolas Cage & Riko Shibata
- Date: 16th February
- Where: Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas
- Nicolas Cage, 57, got married for the 5th time to Japanese girlfriend Riko Shibata, who is only 26. She’s also 4 years younger than his eldest son, Weston.
- They tied the knot on this date to honour the actor’s late father August Coppola.
- The Oscar winner’s previous marriage to make-up artist Erika Koike in 2019 only lasted for 4 days.
Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton
- Date: 3rd July
- Where: Oklahoma, USA
- Blake wore jeans with his tux while Gwen looked beautiful in her two custom Vera Wang dresses.
- More here.
Ariana Grande & Dalton Gomez
- Date: May 2021
- Where: Montecito, Calif
- The lovey-dovey pair celebrated their big day with less than 20 people at their intimate wedding.
- More here.
Justin Hartley & Sofia Pernas
- Date: Probably May 2021
- People first got wind of their status after the couple was spotted with their wedding bands on the beach with friends in Malibu.
Elizabeth Olsen & Robbie Arnett
- “WandaVision” actress Elizabeth Olsen let slip in June by referring to musician Robbie Arnett while talking to Kaley Cuoco for Variety‘s Actors on Actors series.
- The newlyweds were first linked in March 2017. He popped the question 2 years later.
Other honourable mentions that also got married this year are:
- Alfred Molina and Jennifer Lee
- Paola Fendi and Aram Ahmed
- Bella Robertson and Jacob Mayo
- Jeannie Mai and Jeezy
- Hannah Gadsby and Jenney Shamash
- Aubrey Plaza and Jeff Baena