The Malaysian entertainment industry received devastating news of the passing of popular singer, Siti Sarah Raissuddin who passed away due to Covid-19 infection. Siti Sarah, who is also the wife of comedian and actor, Shuib Sepahtu breathed her last at 5:13am today (Monday 9th August) at HUKM after battling for her life since last week.
The passing of Siti Sarah has certainly left an impression on various parties including netizens and fellow celebrities. Social media is currently flooded with messages of condolences by celebrity friends and local fans for Shuib and his family. Fans and non-fans alike also send messages of support and praying for the soul of the deceased to be placed among the believers.
Netizens have regarded the late Siti Sarah as a loving friend, beloved mother and wife, and a strong Covid-19 fighter. Celebrity friends and influential individuals also shared the singer’s kindness and her good deeds that will surely be remembered by many.
1. Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah and her Royal Highness, Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah and Her Royal Highness, Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah expressed their condolences to the family of Malaysian beloved star, Siti Sarah Raissuddin. Istana Negara through their Facebook page informed that His and Her Royal Highness also expressed their sadness and hoped that the entire family of the late Siti Sarah would be patient to face this trial.
- “His and Her Majesties both pray that the soul of the deceased be showered with blessings by Allah SWT and placed among the believers,” wrote Istana Negara.
2. Ebit Lew
- Through an Instagram entry, Ustaz Ebit Lew expressed his sadness over the loss and sent his message of condolences to the family of the late Siti Sarah for her passing. Ebit Lew shared that the singer once offered to help pay for some rental houses for the poor and orphans under his care.
- “May Allah grant her paradise. Be patient, Shuib, Allah loves you. Insya-Allah,” read his caption on Instagram Story.
3. Nadir Al-Nuri
- The late Siti Sarah was among the artists who cared about the situation of people in Gaza who are constantly threatened by the Zionist Army. The info was conveyed by the CEO of Cinta Gaza Malaysia, Nadir Al-Nuri Kamaruzaman upon hearing the news this morning. According to Nadir through his Instagram post, Siti Sarah once expressed her desire to donate a cow valued thousands of ringgit for the Palestinian during Eid-ul-adha. The donation was even done discreetly without the knowledge of the public.
4. Mizz Nina
- Philanthropist and celebrity Shazrina Azman or better known as Mizz Nina also shared her memory with Siti Sarah in an Instagram post. She shared her friendship with Siti Sarah that began in the early 2000s when both celebrities just debuted in the industry.
- “I’ve always remembered her to be very humble, kind, cheerful and she too made her hijrah towards Allah, a loving righteous sister and mother. The news of her passing this morning has come as a surprise to all of us, and it should serve as a reminder for us to also prepare for our appointed time,” remarked Mizz Nina in her post.
5. Sherry Alhadad
- Actress Sherry Alhadad in her Instagram post today shared the story of her encounter with the late cheerful Siti Sarah in her early 20s. She said that during her practical days when she was 20 years old, one sweet lady approached her on a bus on her way home. They engaged in a brief talk until they arrived at their destinations. Several years passed and she met the same lady and she turns out to be the late singer. She concluded her post with a prayer for the late Siti Sarah.
6. Nabila Huda
- Actress and TV personality Nabila Huda expressed her sadness over the loss of her best friend early this morning. Nabila took a long time to share her memories with the late Siti Sarah because she was too tearful and lost of words to write.
- “We have known each other for years, we grew up in this industry together, but we only communicated frequently this year. We cook supper together, we eat together, then we share our stories and future business plans together. Today, we all lose a friend, a loving mother and wife, the biggest star. Thank you my friend. Rest in peace there. Al-Fatihah,” she captioned.
Many other local celebrity friends also posted their messages of condolences and prayer for the late Siti Sarah Raissuddin.
The late Siti Sarah was safely laid to rest at 1:45pm at Kampung Sungai Pusu Muslim Cemetery, Gombak today (Monday 9th August). Malaysian entertainment industry has lost one irreplaceable star.
Our condolences to Shuib and his family. Al- Fatihah.