Yesterday (Monday, 4th January), MalaysiaKini reported that at least 9 fitness companies in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor have temporarily closed down their premises. Among those who had contracted the deadly virus include members, instructors, and other staff.
- 31st December 2020 – An employee tested positive for Covid after attending a dinner on 26th December.
- 1st January 2021 – 8 out of 51 team members tested positive.
- The individuals worked at the following locations since 24th December: Intermark Mall, DC Mall, Verve Shops, Kiara 163, JWM and The Curve.
- FLYPROJECT studios will remain closed until the 11th of January 2021.
- Full statement here.
2. TRIBE BOXING STUDIO
- Co-founder Mark Choo tested positive for Covid-19 and was transparent about his visits to the various gym outlets in recent weeks.
3. Ministry of Burn
- 3rd January 2021 – A core team member tested positive for the virus.
- The studio is currently closed until further notice.
4. B.est Mind Body
- 5 cases were detected – 2 among the team members and 3 students.
- 3 gym-goers who attended the Aloha Limited Ride on 29th and 30th December tested positive for Covid. The studio has been closed since last week.
6. Union Strength
- Union Strength received the green light from the Ministry of Health (MoH) to reopen on Monday (4th January) after conducting a thorough sanitisation process.
7. Hustle Lifestyle
- A member who tested positive for Covid informed the studio over the weekend on Sunday (3rd January 2020).
9. Urban Spring Pilates
- Client who attended the Corner studio tested positive on 30th December.
- Urban Spring Pilates is currently closed until further notice.
More and more gym operators in KL have decided to introduce online classes in lieu of the staggering increase number of Covid-19 cases.