Individuals who reportedly tested positive for Covid-19 have recently visited over 20 public venues in Resorts World Genting. Consequently, these affected areas have been asked to temporarily shut down.
According to a post shared on the Bentong Municipal Council (MPB) Facebook page, the premises will be closed from the 6th until 8th December in order to carry out deep cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Many stores and public spaces at Genting Highland Premium Outlets have also been included among these venues that have been asked to temporarily shut down.
According to a Facebook post shared by Genting Highland Premium Outlets, these areas are said to have been visited by a Covid-19 patient on 16th November. Following the patient’s positive test results, contact tracing has then been carried out to identify and close down all areas visited by the patient on that day.
Find out more about this issue on the statement below:
Other venues in Genting Highlands that have also been ordered to temporarily close is listed below:
1. 168 Store at Genting Grand
2. Factory Outlet Store (F.O.S), SkyAvenue
3. H&M Retail Sdn Bhd, SkyAvenue
4. Palsaik Korean BBQ Restaurant, SkyAvenue
5. Awana, Resorts World Genting
6. Vision City Entrance Zone B, Resorts World Genting
7. SkyWay Awana Station
8. Factory Outlet Store (F.O.S), Awana SkyWay Station
9. Watsons, Awana SkyCentral
10. Royal Sporting House, SkyAvenue
The mentioned public areas will possibly re-open tomorrow (9th December), following the deep cleaning and sanitisation work ordered to be carried out until today.