It’s Christmas time and the one thing that will immediately transport you to Santa’s festive home in the North Pole is Christmas decorations!
A bright star on top of a tree, a shiny bauble and some mistletoe – what more do you need to make it feel like Christmas? Anyone who has ever hung up any Christmas decoration knows exactly what it feels like when your home transforms into a place of warm and joyous Christmas spirit.
This 2020, the North Pole and our homes are not the only places you can delight in the merry sights of Christmas decorations. Many malls in Klang Valley have also decked their halls with boughs of holly, so do pay them a visit if you want to enjoy the holiday spirit.
1. Pavilion KL
With a bright 30-foot golden Christmas tree at the very centre of all the festive cheer, shoppers are invited to reminisce and recapture “Golden Christmas Memories” in Pavilion KL with plenty of picture-perfect moments at every turn. Visitors can also shop for some lovely gifts at the Christmas Market.
Pavilion KL also hosts a unique reinterpretation of ‘luminarie’ from their notable vendor’s DiorCruise 2021 show. Located at the Main Entrance, Level 3, the brightly lit luminaire looks like a real life portal in the world of the Nutcracker, Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman. The Dior Holiday Tree is the first-of-its-kind in Southeast Asia and one of only three of such trees to be displayed globally this year alongside Taipei and Paris.
“Christmas is one of the most highly-anticipated times of the year and we promise yet another round of special, magical and uplifting celebrations for all, regardless of race and religion. This year, Pavilion REIT Malls wishes to spread positivity and uplift communities, with a message of joy, happiness and hope as 2020 draws to a close and we look ahead optimistically to 2021. We invite shoppers to immerse in the festivities and enjoy themselves this season, and on behalf of the management, I wish everyone a joyous Christmas and a blessed New Year,” said Dato’ Joyce Yap, CEO of Retail, Pavilion REIT Malls.
- 12 Years of Christmas Exhibition: Reminisce the golden memories of Christmas as we bring you on a journey through time to relive the unforgettable Christmas celebrations together at Pavilion KL.
- RM1 Million Cash Voucher Bonanza: With every RM100/RM1000 spent in a single receipt, shoppers will receive a voucher to enjoy in the mall.
Pavilion Hotel Kuala Lumpur:
- Limited Time Offer – Starting from RM370 a night
- Sense of Family Package: Book two (2) rooms with the Sense of family package and get 70% off best available rates on the second room.
2. The Gardens Mall
The Gardens Mall has gone bigger and better with its Christmas decorations this December. Just looking at their telephone booths aesthetically overflowing with festive decorative pieces also makes our hearts overflow with the Christmas spirit. The beautiful wreaths put up for taking photographs, festively decorated cars perfect to pose beside and fairy lights hanging from the ceiling to resemble twinkling snow, the Gardens Mall is the ideal place to embrace the holiday spirit.
3. Mid Valley Megamall
Red baubles, red ribbons and Rudolph’s red nose; Mid Valley Megamall is red galore this Christmas season and we love it! There’s also classic red cars propped up around the mall to give the Christmas decorations a festively vintage feeling. The mall’s famous red telephone booth, which has been put up multiple times, is also our all-time favourite decorative item from this popular mall. If you don’t already have a picture of yourself standing next to this iconic photo booth, it’s time for you to head on over and snap some holiday shots!
4. Sunway Putra Mall
Sunway Putra Mall is also celebrating a ‘Blessed Christmas’ this 2020! With fireplaces, a clocktower and elegantly wrapped Christmas gifts, the decorations at Sunway Putra Mall create a nostalgic feeling that brings back sweet memories of celebrating the season with family and friends. Ring in the festive cheer and joy during this season of giving at Sunway Putra Mall.
5. Sunway Pyramid
Sunway Pyramid is celebrating a ‘Blessed Christmas’ with Lion, which means the spirit of counting our blessings during this season of gratitude. While looking ahead to new beginnings, Sunway Pyramid is moving away from the usual Christmas decoration themes this year, and has creatively used a festive clocktower as its centrepiece. With stars hanging from the ceiling and Christmas trees full of of colour, Sunway Pyramid is truly made to look like it’s the lion’s favourite time of the year!
Fahrenheit88’s “Joy Of Gifting” highlights:
- The 20ft Christmas tree features Santa climbing into the mall to fill his sack with gifts at the Main Entrance!
- The “Bernard Chandran Dreams & Reality” Fashion Exhibition by celebrity Malaysian fashion designer, Dato’ Bernard Chandran, has approximately 150 spectacular creations displayed over 16 rooms.
- Redeem a mystery Gift Box Reward with RM100 spent in a single receipt.
7. Da Men USJ
Da Men USJ’s “SANTAstic Christmas” highlights:
- SANTAstic Wishing Tree: students and families can donate a book or toy to send some holiday cheer to underprivileged children from Buku Jalanan Chow Kit (BKCK).
- Pick up a sweet treat or a creative handicraft at Da Men’s Charity Christmas Bazaar.
8. Intermark Mall
- Check out Intermark Mall’s exclusive Artist Christmas tree featuring baubles specially designed by Malaysian fashion designer Carven Ong and four local artists from Art WeMe Contemporary Gallery.
- Visitors can also explore a wide range of exclusively imported sweet treats and Christmas snacks from over 10 countries at the Christmas Delectable Pop-Up.
9. Avenue K
Santa has decided to skip his usual one-night gifting trip and opt for a summer vacation at Avenue K. Visitors can find Santa simply chilling on a deck chair in his Hawaiian-styled shirt and Bermuda shorts next to a funky 15-foot tall, triple-tiered surfboard tree accented with fairy lights.
Joining Santa are the Gingerbread Man, Rudolph the reindeer, and Mrs Claus – all decked out in their swim attire. There’s also Santa’s seasid marketplace filled with holiday goodies, decorative items, gifting accessories, and more!
10. Berjaya Times Square
11. KL East Mall
Head on over to these malls for your year end shopping spree and take advantage of these amazing Christmas décor to snap some nice photos ;)