Merdeka is just around the corner, and if you haven’t made any plans yet, we’ve got some exciting suggestions that you can check out.
From shopping giveaways to amazing performances by local talents and educational workshops, you don’t need to travel far in order to experience our multi-cultural diversity. Find out more below:
1. Fahrenheit88 Shopping Mall
10 ways to stretch your Ringgit when you shop at Fahrenheit88 from now till 16th September:
1. Claw Your Way To A Win – Participate in the Claw To Win game booth at the Main Entrance, Ground Floor to win exciting shopping vouchers.
2. Get Lucky At The Spin & Win – Take part in the Spin A Win on the 2nd Floor to take away vouchers from Honey Bibi and Leather Avenue, as well as special goodie bags and more.
3. Take Home Daily Special Giveaways – Every weekend, look for the Fahrenheit88 Masquerade Ladies in colours of the Jalur Gemilang at the Main Entrance as they hand out goodies.
4. Be One Of The Lucky 63! – Reward your shopping spree of at least RM63 at selected stores in a single receipt to win gifts.
5. Learning Something New At The Merdeka Workshops – Learn the art of batik painting, embellish your phone cover and even get your portrait drawn by a caricaturist.
6. Enjoy Vibrant Cultural Performances – Free performances by buskers from the Malaysian Buskers Club and street dances by the talented performers of StudioX at the Main Entrance.
7. Flash Your #OOTD To Win – Follow Fahrenheit88’s Facebook page and join the #F88FASHIONISTA Contest to win prizes worth RM200! Post your #OOTD shot inspired by a favourite fashionista, to be one of 5 winners.
8. Grab Shopping Promotions & Deals.
9. Support Local Artisans – The Mini Artisan Market, First Floor from now till 30th August 2020 (Saturday & Sundays, 2-6pm only), features pop-up stores by fabulous Instapreneurs. Uncover delicious doughnuts, freshly baked brownies and cookies, one-of-a-kind handmade accessories and stationery.
10. Join BookXcess In Celebrating 13 Years Of Reading – From now until 31st August 2020, visit BookXcess, 2nd Floor to enjoy additional 13% off with a minimum purchase of RM60.
2. The LINC KL
“Aiseyman”, “Walao Eh”, “Gostan”, “Bojio” – these are just some of the slang words that connects all Malaysians. From now till 20th September, The LINC KL has partnered up with My Slang Bank (the creator of an Instagram-based visual dictionary of Malaysian Slang) for the following events:
1. #MYSlangMYPride Malaysian Slang Exhibition – The exhibition showcases 100 curated slang words which are beautifully designed by @MySlangBank’s collective of designers, art directors and writers with inspirations from childhood memories, local folklore, and Malaysian elements.
2. Exclusive Malaysian Slang Coaster Redemption – Redeem an exclusive Malaysian slang coaster with every RM30 spent in a single receipt.
View this post on Instagram
𝘑𝘰𝘮, get artsy 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘳 this weekend at @thelinckl ! Cuba try hand embroidery & batik painting at the Artisan Weekend Workshops held in conjunction with our #𝗠𝗬𝗦𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗠𝗬𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲 Merdeka campaign. Bring your family, friends, cousins, the whole 𝘬𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘶𝘯𝘨 also can! Don't miss out! __ 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗘𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗣𝗼𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽 15 August 2020 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗸 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗞𝗶𝗱𝘀 & 𝗔𝗱𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘀 16 August 2020 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲: 3.00-5.00pm 𝗩𝗲𝗻𝘂𝗲: Level 2, Besides Home by Rahim (In Front of Origami Rainbow Dove Area) Limited to 16 pax per workshop only, first come first served basis. For more info or to register, click on link in bio. *T&C apply. #MYSlangMYPride #thelinckl #merdeka2020 #merdeka63 #ilovemalaysia #handmade #embroidery #batik #workshop
3. Artisan Weekend Workshops – Get hands-on experience to create your own art piece this Merdeka and Malaysia Day at the Artisan Workshops conducted by experienced handicrafter and instructor, Rahim and team.
4. Pop-up Market Weekend Bazaar – Support homegrown brands and entrepreneurs at the weekend bazaars, featuring products ranging from local products, artisanal pieces, fashion items, handmade accessories and more.
3. Syiok Fest
View this post on Instagram
🔥MALAYSIA BIGGEST FESTIVAL 🔥 COMMENT 2020 & TAG 3 FRIENDS, you'll stand a chance to WIN EVENT ALL ACCESS TICKET Syiok Fest discovers the latest and greatest in the Malaysian street food scene. Chefs, cafes, restaurants, stalls, food trucks and more! From the street to the fine dine, bring over 100 Iconic street food at one place. Syiok Fest will be a festive area for Merdeka shopping that brings foodies and local F&B entrepreneurs to meet both parties to trade in business and at the same time to have a splendid Merdeka day with us. Syiok Fest gathers a huge number of local F&B entrepreneurs under one roof and aids them by exposing their business. Why do foodies travel to ten different places if they can enjoy all of this goodness in one place ? @theculture.official @bundleexpo_ #syiokfest #roadtotheculture2020 #wearetheculture
This long weekend, feel free to visit Stadium Bukit Jalil for a wide array of Insta-famous food options including Pogedil, Nasi Arab, Japanese Oden, Western desserts and more. There will be over 350 booths that feature fashion items and accessories as well as shoes.
Do remember to wear a face mask and exercise social distancing. Have a great long weekend 🙂