Heads up commuters, there will be some major changes on public transportation starting from tomorrow (Tuesday, 24th March) onwards.
Prasarana Malaysia Berhad (Prasarana) will be limiting its service to support the enforcement of the current Movement Control Order (MCO). This limitation will carry on until 31st March (Update: it’s likely to extend till 14th April).
In a statement, Prasarana announced that all Rapid KL train services (including LRT, MRT and monorail) will only operate for 9 hours between 2 sessions – from 6am to 10am, and from 5pm to 10pm.
Monday to Friday:
- 6am – 7am: 30-minute frequency
- 7am – 9am: 10-minute frequency (peak hours)
- 9am – 10am: 30-minute frequency
- 5pm – 7pm: 10-minute frequency (peak hours)
- 7pm – 10pm: 30-minute frequency
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays:
- 6am – 10am: 30-minute frequency
- 5pm – 10pm: 30-minute frequency
As such, there won’t be any service between 10am to 5pm, and after 10pm. Having said that, the public is advised to plan accordingly.
Source: The Star.