What happens when a cop teams up with a 9-year-old sidekick? A light-hearted family movie in the form of “My Spy”.
In “My Spy”, we see former Wrestlemania legend Dave Bautista as a man who has a soft heart underneath those pecs of steel. We’ve seen tough grown men reduced to mush by their little cute co-stars. What makes “My Spy” fresh is the role of the comic sidekick here.
The story plot for “My Spy” reads:
“JJ (Dave Bautista), a hardened CIA operative, has been demoted and finds himself at the mercy of a precocious 9-year-old girl, named Sophie (Chloe Coleman) where he has been sent undercover begrudgingly to surveil her family. When Sophie discovers hidden cameras in her apartment, she uses her tech savviness to locate where the surveillance operation is set. In exchange for not blowing JJ’s cover, Sophie convinces him to spend time with her and teach her to be a spy. Despite his reluctance, JJ finds he is no match for Sophie’s disarming charm and wit.”
Thanks to our friends from TGV, we’ve got 20 pairs of “My Spy” movie tickets to give away. So who’s up for a movie date with Hype? Details of the screening are as below:
- Date: Postponed until further notice *
- Time: Ticket collection at 8:30pm
- Location: TGV Sunway Velocity
Here’s how to win the passes:-
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook and Twitter.
- Tag 1 (One) friend who you want to take to the movie and complete this caption: “I’d like to spy on … because …” (no word limit).
- Include the hashtags #HypeMYxMySpy, and make sure that your post privacy is set to public.
- Private Message us the link to your post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram handles for us to verify.
- Winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by 9th March 2020.
- Hype.my’s decision is final. Further correspondence will not be entertained.
- Here is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
Update (5th March):
“My Spy” debut date in Malaysia has been postponed indefinitely.