BTS (방탄소년단) is ready for world domination and this is the comeback AMRYs have been waiting for.
Following their successful “Love Yourself: Tear” and “Love Yourself: Answer”, the South Korean septet has just debut their new 7-track EP, “Map Of The Soul: Persona”, and the official music video for “Boy With Luv” featuring US pop starlet Halsey.
The K-pop fandom has already got #PERSONAWelcomeParty and #MAP_OF_THE_SOUL_PERSONA trending across various social media platforms. Just hours after its release, BTS’s new music are already breaking records left and right.
1. BTS claimed the top spot of every major realtime chart in Korea as well as music sites such as Soribada, Genie, Naver, Bugs, Mnet, and Flo.
2. The boys also broke the record for hitting 10 million views for the “Boy With Luv” music video in only 2 hours and 52 minutes. The previous record for fastest Korean group was BLACKPINK’s “Kill This Love” in 4 hours and 13 minutes.
3. Moreover, “Boy With Luv” hit 20 million views in 5 hours and 3 minutes. Their previous hit for “Idol” took 6 hours and 35 minutes to achieve the same feat.
4. Their single with Halsey also debuted at #1 on iTunes USA.
5. All the tracks from “Map Of The Soul: Persona” also charted within the Top 8 of iTunes US.
6. At this rate, BTS’ “Boy With Luv” is expected to break the record for the most viewed video in the first 24 hours! Some are saying it could reach up to 60 million.
7. BTS is now the FIRST Korean act in HISTORY to surpass 10 million followers on Spotify!
“I’m so glad to see everyone excited and talking about ‘Boy With Luv’! ARMY, thank you for embracing this collab. Remember your boys love you and always want to make you happy,” Halsey tweeted out. She also added that the album track for “Boy With Luv” and music video is slightly different.