Hosted by Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh, the 76th annual Golden Globes had its fair share of standout moments (although some might argue that last year was more interesting).
As usual, not every highlight will be caught on camera. In fact, many of them usually happen behind-the-scenes. Since many of us can’t be bothered with the awards anyway (especially when many of the shows aren’t aired locally yet), we thought it’d be more entertaining to focus on the funny stuffs instead.
1. “Killing Eve”: The angel and devil at the red carpet
Whenever I am trying to make a decision, these two appear on my shoulders pic.twitter.com/eK4a9hEPGbADVERTISEMENT
— Rakesh Satyal (@rakeshsatyal) January 6, 2019
2. Emma Stone yelled “I’m sorry!” for starring in “Aloha” after Sandra Oh called her out for whitewashing:
Sandra Oh: ["Crazy Rich Asians"] is the first studio film with an Asian American lead since "Ghost in the Shell" and "Aloha."
Emma Stone [in the crowd]: I'M SORRY! pic.twitter.com/YI1S7sLvPH
— David Mack (@davidmackau) January 7, 2019
3. Melissa McCarthy made sure she wasn’t hungry
— Variety (@Variety) January 7, 2019
4. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt serving couple goals yet again.
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) January 7, 2019ADVERTISEMENT
— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) January 7, 2019
5. Chris Pine was there.
Chris Pine looks like a hot cartoon lion. i don’t know what that means but i know that it’s true. #GoldenGlobes
— david ehrlich (@davidehrlich) January 7, 2019
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) January 7, 2019
6. People couldn’t stop staring at Halle Berry like Lena Waithe.
— Brent Stansell (@brentstansell) January 7, 2019
7. We feel your pain Amy Adams; so does the internet.
— Filipe (@Filipe_dosAnjos) January 7, 2019
Patricia Clarkson watching Amy Adams writing an acceptance speech for The Golden Globe Awards: pic.twitter.com/Uqm7kaQxlm
— Josh (@joshgetsit) January 7, 2019
“omg hey were you robbed too?” pic.twitter.com/hyiDUnUeMO
— bella (@yaelgrogbIas) January 7, 2019
Can’t win awards pic.twitter.com/bqUKEIWteX
— jade (@amyslouadams) January 7, 2019
There are a ton of award shows in the next few weeks leading up to the Oscars. Amy Adams will need that poker face when the camera zooms in on her.
8. James Bond meeting future James Bond?
— manda ✨ (@amxndasantino) January 7, 2019
9. Glenn Close’s expression when she won Best Actress for “The Wife”.
— vinícius (@vinissaurorex) January 7, 2019
In response to Twitter user @vinissaurorex, “And 99 of them don’t want to be a coat…”
10. Aw… Queen member Brian May reassuring Rami Malek.
— isa -138 (@softieroger) January 7, 2019
The 37-year-old beat stiff competition to win Best Actor for his performance as Freddie Mercury in the biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
11. InStyle’s Golden Globes elevator.
Did you know? Lady Gaga was also turned into memes following her Golden Globes appearance.