Still can’t get enough of the new McDreamy in “Grey’s Anatomy”? Alex Landi has been making hearts race on season 15 of Shonda Rhimes’ medical drama as Dr. Nico Kim.
Not only is Dr. Nico Kim the show’s first gay male doctor but he’s also its first Asian male surgeon. Not much is known about this relatively newcomer in Hollywood, so we decided to do some digging and come up with some fun facts about Landi:
1. He’s half-Korean, half-Italian who grew up in New York.
2. Without spoiling too much, Dr. Nico Kim has a love interest on the show. James Pickens, Jr. (aka Richard Webber) already teased that “he catches the eye of one of the interns, and it’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out“.
3. Although Landi is listed as a recurring actor only but it’s likely that he’ll get promoted to full-time main cast.
4. He is a big fan of Sandra Oh aka Dr. Cristina Yang. He previously gushed about her, sharing that the actress has “done so much for Asian-American talent on-screen and I can not thank her enough. She’s paved the way for me, especially on this show“.
5. Where else have you seen the American actor? While “Grey’s Anatomy” is his first major acting gig, you may have seen him in CBS series “Bull” or in the short film, “264 Days”.
6. When he was young, Landi dreamed of becoming a professional tennis player.
7. That all changed when he watched his first Broadway production of “The Lion King”. This sparked his interest in acting.
8. The handsome star enrolled in the prestigious Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute. Some of Hollywood’s A-listers who studied there include Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Marilyn Monroe, Barbra Streisand, Alec Baldwin, Sally Field, Laura Dern, and “Grey’s Anatomy”‘s own Chandra Wilson.
9. After graduation, the 6-foot-1-inch actor traveled to Asia to hone in his martial arts skills.
10. His modelling career (under Prestigious Models & Talent Agency) include Under Armour and Calvin Klein.
Oh, did we also mention that he’s a dog lover? He owns a cute black puppy and her name is Ninja. We wouldn’t be surprise if it’s inspired by his martial arts background 😉 It’s also safe to assume that Ninja is the only girl in his life right now.