Over the weekend, Ed Sheeran took to Instagram to announce that he and Cherry Seaborn were officially engaged.
In his sweet lovey-dovey post, the 27-year-old singer-songwriter told his 19.2 million followers that the engagement took place a couple of weeks ago. “Got myself a fiancé just before new year. We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well,” he captioned the heartwarming image.
The image above shows Sheeran with his arms around his leading lady, planting a kiss on her cheek. Although Sheeran and Seaborn have remained low-key for the most part of their courtship, the Grammy winner previously revealed they have been dating since September 2015.
So how exactly did the awkward-looking boy with ginger hair fell for the pretty brunette? With their impending wedding on the way, we thought it’d be fun to dig out some fun facts about Sheeran’s new fiancée. So without further ado, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about Sheeran’s “Perfect” woman.
1. She’ll be 26 on 6th May. Born in 1992, Seaborn is a year younger than Sheeran. Her zodiac sign is a Taurus while he is an Aquarius.
2. The UK brunette first met the famous hit-maker in high school (Thomas Mills High School to be exact) in Framlingham, Suffolk. The duo finished their secondary education there.
3. Rumour has it that Sheeran developed a crush for Seaborn at school – although she already had a boyfriend at the time. Life then intervened and they went their separate ways.
4. Seaborn then moved to Durham, North Carolina to attend Duke University. There, she excelled as a hockey player.
5. According to UK’s The Sun, she even led her hockey team to back-to-back British University championships in 2012 and 2013.
6. Sources claim that she was working as a senior consultant in risk advisory at Deloitte & Touche LLP in New York.
7. She once quit her job for love. Last year, Sheeran said his hiatus from music in 2016 was also to pursue in his relationship with Seaborn. “We were just basically like, let’s quit our jobs and have a year of forming a tight bond. So we went traveling and spent every day for a year together,” he shared.
8. After they travelled around the world, Seaborn moved back to London to live with Sheeran. “I’m actually the happiest I’ve been and it’s because I had a year to spend with someone. I’ve always started relationships then gone off on tour. I spent every day for a year with this certain person, we kind of have a strong relationship now which is good. I’m really secure now, we live together and we have cats, and I think when you have cats that’s kind of it,” he told BBC Radio 2.
9. The hit song “Perfect” was inspired by Seaborn. “The line that goes, ‘Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song’ was about when we were in Ibiza listening to Future’s March Madness literally not wearing any shoes and going mental on the lawn, which was quite a nice time,” said Sheeran, during an interview with US Magazine.
10. Sheeran will quit music once he starts a family with Seaborn. In a past interview, the A-lister has expressed his desire to have children by 30. If he is indeed sticking to that timeline, that means he’ll only dedicate four more years in the music business before he swaps it for parenthood.
“My ambition is going to go to zero as soon as I have kids. ‘I am going to be like, ‘I do not really care anymore as I have another life to take care of. It is totally understandable because you have children and your ambition shifts to be like, ‘I want to be a good father’,” he was quoted as saying.
You’ve been warned fans. It’s going to be four years time till Sheeran settles down to have “little fat, chubby babies” (his words, not ours). Lol 😉