Cube Entertainment’s sexy solo artiste HyunA (현아) is making a comeback and to be honest, we’re very excited to see what kind of music she’ll release this time around.
In anticipation of her 6th mini-album, the idol has released the music video teaser for her new title track, “Babe” (베베), earlier today. “Tell me I’m you babe, babe,” she can be heard singing in the short clip.
If you’re curious to know more about her comeback tomorrow (29th August), here are some quick facts:
1. The title of her forthcoming mini-album is “Following” and besides “Babe”, it consists of 4 other tracks including “Party (Follow Me)” featuring Wooseok of Pentagon, “Purple” with E’Dawn of Pentagon, “Dart”, as well as “Self-Portrait”.
2. This is her first solo release since “A’wesome”, which holds the title track “How’s This” (어때?), in 2016. It also seems that the mini-album is not part of her “A” series.
3. According to Cube, HyunA co-wrote “Babe” while Shinsadong Tiger and Beom & Nang co-produced it. The company also revealed that the star participated in writing the rap lyrics for her other songs.
4. Her teaser images are all shot in black-and-white.
5. She was supposed to make her comeback in September. However, Cube decided to release her mini-album sooner because HyunA couldn’t wait to meet with her fans again.
6. As part of her promotions for “Following”, the former 4Minute rapper will appear on “Ask Us Anything” alongside NU’EST’s JR and comedian Park Sung Kwang. The episode will be aired on 9th September.
The 25-year-old singer made her solo debut in 2009 with “Change” and to date, she has released 5 singles/mini-albums: “Bubble Pop!” (2011), “Melting” (2012), “A Talk” (2014), “A+” (2015), and “A’wesome” (2016). She was also a member of Troublemaker alongside ex-B2ST member, Jang Hyunseung, and is currently a member of Triple H.
Are you excited for HyunA’s comeback? Let us know what you think of “Babe” in the comments box below!