Who doesn’t enjoy swimming? Not only does it feel good to cool down by taking a dip in the scorching Malaysian weather, it’s also one of the most relaxing physical activities we can think of.
Just because there isn’t a swimming pool where you live, you shouldn’t sign up for a gym membership. Why splurge unnecessarily when you can opt for some of the best public pools in the Klang Valley that are pay-per-entry? These following public swimming pools allow you to have fun and swim all year long.
1. Chin Woo Stadium
As one of Klang Valley’s most popular sports stadium, Chin Woo Stadium has been around for over 5 decades. Located near Chinatown (Petaling Street) and Merdeka Stadium, the venue is easily accessible by public transportation. How convenient! Although the highlight here is the 50m outdoor pool, other activities such as lion dance, dragon dance, and wushu performances are frequently held here.
- Address: Jalan Hang Jebat, City Centre, 50150 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 2pm – 8pm (Weekdays), 9am – 8pm (Weekends)
- Admission fee: RM4.30 (Weekdays), RM5.30 (Weekends)
- Tel: 03-2072 4602
- Website | Facebook
2. Kuala Lumpur Swimming Complex
Many claim that the Kuala Lumpur Swimming Complex has one of the cleaner public pools in town. Various classes and competitions take place here. There is a water polo players practise on Saturdays, while families usually crowd the place on Sundays. The pool has a total of 8 50m lanes for visitors to swim to their heart’s content.
- Address: Jalan Yaacob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak, 56000 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 2pm – 9pm (Weekdays), 9:30am – 9pm (Weekends)
- Admission fee: Starts from RM2
- Tel: 03-9131 6353
3. KLCC Park
For families with kids, the main attractions for the young ones are the 2-acre children’s playground and kiddie’s wading pool. There is also a waterfall at the back of the wading pool for visitors to have a splashing good time. The best part? It’s free! That’s not all, the park also has a 1.3km-long jogging track and an impressive man-made Lake Symphony.
- Address: Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 10am – 7:30pm (Close on Mondays)
- Admission fee: Free
- Tel: 03-2380 9032
4. Bangsar Sports Complex
Tucked away in a residential area behind Bangsar Village, Bangsar Sports Complex is another option for swimmers to consider. The outdoor community swimming pool is surrounded by trees so it’s slightly cooling. It has 5 lanes that are 25m long.
There are also plenty of other activities to do here. Besides a list of weights and cardio gear at the gym, visitors can also make online bookings for tennis (from RM10 per hour), futsal (from RM20 per hour), and badminton (from RM8 per hour).
- Address: Jalan Terasik 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: Begins 9:30am and ends at 8:30pm (Closed on Sundays)
- Admission fee: RM3
- Tel: 03-22846065
5. National Aquatic Centre Bukit Jalil
Wanna take your swimming skills to the next level? Perhaps you ought to take a dip in the National Aquatic Centre Bukit Jalil. The 3 separate pools include the Olympic-sized swimming pool, Terjunan pool, and Training pool. Triathletes and lap swimmers frequent here to perfect their strokes. Fret not beginners, you can start off at the 1.2m section and gradually wade in to a depth of 1.8m.
- Address: L2-E-10, Enterprise 4, Aras 2, Technology Park Malaysia, Lebuhraya Puchong Sg. Besi, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Seri Petaling
- Opening Hours: 8am – 10pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Admission fee: Starts from RM4
- Tel: 03-8992 0888
6. PJ Palms Sports Centre
According to General Manager Mr EJ Yeap, the centre has been around since 1963. The PJ Palms Sports Centre houses 2 well-kept pools: a 50m with 8 lanes as well as a kiddie section. After your swimming session, you can fill up your bellies at the nearby Jam & Kaya Café. Towels, swimwear, and lockers, are available for rental.
- Address: 1 Lorong Sultan, Seksyen 52, 46200 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 8am – 10pm
- Admission fee: Starts from RM5
- Tel: 03-7960 7919
7. Kelana Jaya Municipal Pool
The Kelana Jaya Municipal Pool is another huge swimming spot that families with children often flock to. The facilities (there are 2 large pools) also allow longtime swimmers to perfect their strokes and train for competitions. There is nothing fancy about the environment here but at least the pools are spacious enough.
- Address: MPPJ Sports Complex, Jalan Stadium SS7/15, Selangor, 47301 Petaling Jaya
- Opening Hours: 9am – 9pm
- Admission fee: RM3 (Weekdays), RM4 (Weekends)
- Tel: 03-7876 8986
8. 3K Swimming Pool
Since 3K Swimming Pool is the only public swimming pool in Subang Jaya, it is often the most packed outlet among the pools on this list. 3K, which stands for Kompleks Kemudahan Kemasyarakatan, has 3 types of pools – an indoor 7-lane, Olympic-sized pool, and a children’s pool. There are 6 sessions opened to the public, with each session spanning 2 hours long.
- Address: Jalan Kewajipan, SS 13, 47500 Subang Jaya
- Opening Hours: 9am – 9pm
- Admission fee: RM3
- Tel: 03-5636 9233
9. Shah Alam Aquatic Centre
The 8-lane outdoor swimming pool at the Panasonic Sports Complex may be almost 2 decades old but the facilities are still well kept. There is an open pool as well as a covered Olympic-sized pool, including a section for synchronised swimming and water polo. The first session starts at 9am and the last one ends at 8:15pm. Entry tickets for outdoor pool are RM2.10 (kids) and RM3.20 (adults), while tickets for the indoor pool are RM2.70 (kids) and RM3.70 (adults).
- Address: Level 1, Kuadron AB, Shah Alam Stadium,
Section 13, 40100 Shah Alam
- Opening Hours: 9am – 8:15pm (Closed on Mondays)
- Admission fee: See above
- Tel: 03-5519 8133
10. Marina Putrajaya Swimming Complex
Unlike most swimming pools, the Marina Putrajaya pool is covered. Regardless if the sun is scorching hot or raining, your swimming sessions won’t be affected by the weather. Situated on the 1st floor of the Marina Putrajaya building, the Marina Putrajaya Swimming Complex has 4 sessions, with each session lasting for 2 hours and 45 minutes. What’s interesting about this place is that it offers free aquarobic class every weekend at 11:45am.
Sounds like fun, no?
- Address: 1, Jalan P5/5, Presint 5, 62200 Putrajaya
- Opening Hours: 9am – 10pm
- Admission fee: RM3.20 (Child), RM5.30 (Adult)
- Tel: 03-8888 5539