New year, new giveaway!
To celebrate the upcoming release of the Mel Gibson-directed film, “Hacksaw Ridge”, we’re giving away a couple of preview screening passes to our readers. Yes, that’s you 🙂
“Hacksaw Ridge”, which stars Andrew Garfield, Vince Vaughn, Sam Worthington, Luke Bracey, Hugo Weaving, Ryan Corr, and more was recently chosen by the American Film Institute as one of its 10 “Movies of the Year”.
It has received numerous awards and nominations, including a total of 6 Oscar nominations at the 89th Academy Awards such as “Best Picture”, “Best Director” (for Mel Gibson), and “Best Actor” (for Andrew Garfield), “Best Film Editing”, “Best Sound Editing”, and “Best Sound Mixing.
“Hacksaw Ridge” is cemented as the comeback film for Mel Gibson, whose last Oscar nomination was for “Braveheart” back in 1996. This is also the first ever Oscar nomination for Andrew Garfield.
It also received Golden Globe nominations for “Best Picture”, “Best Director”, and “Best Actor” and 12 AACTA Awards nominations, winning the majority, including “Best Film”, “Best Direction”, “Best Original Screenplay”, “Best Actor” (for Andrew Garfield), and “Best Supporting Actor” (for Hugo Weaving).
The synopsis is as follows:
“The extraordinary true story of conscientious objector Desmond T. Doss (played by Andrew Garfield) who saved 75 men in Okinawa, during the bloodiest battle of WWII, without firing a single shot. Believing that the war was just but killing was nevertheless wrong, he was the only American soldier in WWII to fight on the front lines without a weapon. As an army medic Doss single-handedly evacuated the wounded near enemy lines – braving enemy fire and putting his own life on the line. He was the first conscientious objector to ever win the Congressional Medal of Honor.”
Deets of the screening are as follows:
- Date: 15th February 2017 (Wednesday)
- Time: 9pm
- Venue: GSC Paradigm Mall
Want ’em? Fill up the form below:
Each winner walks away with 2 tickets per person! There are limited tickets and this will be based on a first-come-first-serve basis so go on and start sending in those submissions via the above form ?
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 10th February 2017 (Friday), 6pm.
“Hacksaw Ridge” is slated to be released in Malaysian cinemas on 16th February 2017.