Oink, oink, meat lovers! Pork ribs are a cut of pork that is commonly used in Asian cuisines and there are several different types such as baby back ribs, spare ribs, and short ribs.
Due to its increasing demand, more and more restaurants specialising in pork ribs have emerged in the Klang Valley over the past few years. Whether you like your ribs grilled, deep fried, or oven baked, here are 8 restaurants that serve extremely tasty and tender pork ribs:
1. Down To Bones @ OUG
View this post on Instagram
This week's best looking tagged photo goes to @williamctj ! This post literally made us lol, now that we realized our dinner is smiling😊 Hashtag us at #downtobones for the weekly best photo run! The nominated photo entry earns you 1 x complimentary meal on us. As an add on, winner's meal also earns you an express queue slot for food, so no waiting time ! Just show our friendly cashier your IG account from your mobile phone to redeem anytime, without any expiry date. Note: Meal choices subjected to availability and best effort during time of request. See you soon at your favorite BBQ place! 😊 P/s: photo credits to @williamctjADVERTISEMENT
Prepared and made with the utmost care, it’s easy to see why Down To Bones’s hearty and delicious BBQ ribs have been making its rounds on social media. While most pork ribs-focused restaurants cost a bunch, the fuss-free pop-up joint’s dishes (including chicken and lamb) are priced below RM20! On top of that, all dishes are served with creamy mashed potato and healthy greens.
- Address: Jalan Hujan Rahmat, Overseas Union Garden, 58200 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 6:30pm – 10:30pm (Friday to Sunday only)
- Tel: 016-626 0902
2. El Cerdo @ Changkat Bukit Bintang
El Cerdo (“The Pig” in Spanish) is a European restaurant that specialises in home-cooked pork dishes. Inspired by flavours from all around the world, it took chef Werner Kuhn, founder of El Cerdo, at least 9 years to perfect the art of pork cooking. The eatery is famous for its house special ribs and it comes in 3 different variations – oven roasted iberico spare ribs (highly recommended), spicy baby back ribs, and green salsa baby back ribs. Also, be sure to try out the German crispy pork knuckle. It’s heavenly 🙂
- Address: 43 & 45 Changkat Bukit Bintang, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 2:30pm, 6pm – 10:30pm
- Tel: 03-2145 0511 / 013-3094197
- Website | Facebook
3. ANTE @ Publika
Voted as Time Out KL’s “Best Place for Meat” in 2015, ANTE offers high quality European-style meat dishes, particularly pork. Though the restaurant is best known for their premium chargrilled pork steak, do try out the BBQ pork ribs, which are served with kimchi slaw and straight cut fries. As the ribs are slow-cooked for at least 12 hours, the dish is extremely tender and succulent. ANTE also has an extensive beverage menu with a wide selection of affordable fine wine.
Note: ANTE has another outlet at 1 Utama Shopping Centre.
- Address: No. 39, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening Hours: 11am – 1am
- Tel: 03-2202 2166
- Website | Facebook
4. Sausage & Ribs Shack @ Cheras
With spare ribs imported from the United States, Sausage & Ribs Shack has one hell of a rack. Their BBQ ribs are marinated, grilled, and glazed to perfection, leaving customers wanting more. Other porkilicious favourites include the homemade sausage platter and Jamon Serrano with salad. The friendly neighbourhood restaurant also serves Weihenstephaner, a German beer that is not commonly found in Malaysia.
- Address: 9, Jalan 2/105, Taman Midah, 56000 Kuala Lumpur
- Opening hours: 12pm – 10pm (Monday to Friday, closes on Thursday), 9am – 10pm (Saturday), 6pm – 10pm (Sunday)
- Tel:016-229 2168
5. Black Market @ Sunway
Although Black Market features a few different rib dishes in their menu, our personal favourite is none other than the 3 chefs’ crispy pork ribs, which comes with a side of greens. Crispy and flavourful, the ribs are slow-cooked for 16 hours before being deep fried in hot oil. Their big “S” pork ribs and iberico pork ribs are also worth trying.
Note: Black Market has outlets in Kampung Pandan, St Mary Place, and Main Place Mall, USJ 21.
- Address: Suite G-01, Ground Floor, Pinnacle Annexe, Persiaran Lagoon, 47500 Bandar Sunway
- Opening Hours: 11.30am – 3pm, 6pm – 10.30pm
- Tel: 017-396 5181
- Website | Facebook
6. Spitalfield’s Gastrobar @ Atria Mall
Decorated with industrial-themed interiors, Spitalfield’s Gastrobar is named after a market in London and it aims to present classic British comfort food to Malaysians. Their signature Jack’s ribs, which are marinated with a special BBQ sauce, are oven roasted for more than 4 hours. With a wide collection of whiskies, gin, brandy, and tap beers, Spitalfield’s Gastrobar is the ideal place for dinner gatherings and parties.
- Address: Concourse Floor, Atria Shopping Gallery, Jalan SS22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 12:15am (Monday to Thursday), 12pm – 1am (Friday), 11am – 1am (Saturday), 11am – 11pm (Sunday)
- Tel: 03-7731 9625
7. Porcupine Place @ SetiaWalk
Sick of the usual sticky and sweet BBQ pork ribs? Then Porcupine Place’s Nutty Pork-upine is the dish for you. Founded by a couple who specialises in creative fusion cooking, the eatery’s signature sauce is made of carrots, onions, tomatoes, peanut butter, and pate (a type of meat paste). Served with golden roasted potatoes and French beans, the mouthwatering ribs can satisfy any curious foodie.
- Address: B-3A-G Setiawalk, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
- Opening Hours: 10:30am – 10pm (Monday to Friday), 9:30am – 10:30pm (Saturday and Sunday)
- Tel: 03-5888 9929
8. Ticklish Ribs & ‘Wiches @ Taman Sea
Ticklish Ribs & ‘Wiches (short for sandwiches) boasts delicious meat dishes and their must-order item is definitely The Ultimate Tickle. Tender on the inside and crackly on the outside, the finger-licking dish uses a special marinade created by the kitchen team. The restaurant also offers “Spicy” and “Not So Spicy” options for rib lovers.
Note: Ticklish Ribs & ‘Wiches has another outlet at The Gardens Mall.
- Address: No. 5, Ground Floor, Jalan 21/11A, Sea Park, 46300 Petaling Jaya
- Opening Hours: 12pm – 10pm
- Tel: 03-7865 9126
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
- Naughty Nuri’s
- Piggy Tail
- Naughty Babe Dirty Duck
- Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant
- Ad Hog
Got any personal favourites that you think should be added to the list? Let us know in the comments box below ?