Several Rapid KL services will be extended until after midnight, only for tonight (Tuesday, 30th August).
This is in conjunction with the Merdeka Day celebrations which will be held at Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur.
The LRT, monorail, and bus services will be extended until 1am, and the frequency of several LRT and monorail lines will also be increased from 8pm to 1am. However, only selected routes and stations will see an extension in the operating hours.
“The other stations will be closed as usual, but users can still exit at all LRT and Monorail stations. Our operations control centre in Subang and Ampang will monitor closely the movement of passengers at all stations to determine whether their operations also need to be extended,” said Rapid KL in a statement, as translated by Bernama.
The selected LRT station are as follows:
- Masjid Jamek (Sri Petaling Line)
- Hang Tuah (Sri Petaling Line)
- KLCC (Kelana Jaya Line)
- Masjid Jamek (Kelana Jaya Line)
- Bukit Bintang (Monorail)
- Hang Tuah (Monorail)
The selected bus routes are as follows:
- Route 173: Jalan Munsyi Abdullah – Taman Jasa Utama
- Route 220: Lebuh Ampang – Taman Melawati
- Route 300: Lebuh Ampang – Pandan Mewah
- Route 450: Jalan Silang – Terminal Kajang
- Route 751: Pasar Seni – Taman Sri Muda
- Route 781: Pasar Seni – Taman Medan
- Route 640: Pasar Seni – Taman Sri Manja/Taman Sri Sentosa
- Route 602: Pasar Seni – Puchong Prima
- Route 780: Pasar Seni – Kota Damansara
- Route 180: Pasar Seni – Taman Dato’ Senu
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia