Another day, another dose of K-Pop drama.
According to the police, the victim claimed that the idol star sexually assaulted her in the restroom of a bar in Gangnam, Seoul at around 5am on 4th June. A week later, she reported the case to the police and even submitted her underwear and clothes she was wearing that night as proof. A DNA test on the evidences will be conducted by the National Forensic Service.
Besides that, the police will go through the bar’s CCTV recordings and after examining all the evidences, the singer may be summoned for questioning.
In an official statement, C-JeS Entertainment, the singer’s label, stated that Yoochun has yet to receive notice from the police and that he will fully co-operate with the authorities if needed.
The statement reads:
“We give our stance regarding the current reports about the accusation against Yoochun. The opposite party’s claim is just a one-sided claim based on falsities, and this will be revealed as much through a following police investigation.
We will not compromise with malicious blackmails that were done to guarantee the tarnishing of a famous person’s image. We promise that Yoochun will faithfully cooperate with the investigation from hereon in order to reveal the truth. Additionally, we have yet to learn the truth of this accusation officially from the police’s side.
Also, we ask that you refrain from brash speculations or reports with unconfirmed facts until the investigation is complete because the reports of the accusation themselves are causing severe defamation on Yoochun.”
In other news, it was reported that Yoochun took a sick day off public service duties on Tuesday (14th June) due to health issues and the swarm of paparazzi outside of his work place.
UPDATE (14th June, 10:20pm):
Earlier this evening, Sports Donga reported that the accuser aka Ms. Lee dropped the charges of sexual assault against JYJ’s Park Yoochun. The news outlet also mentioned that the lawsuit was filed out of anger.
But just moments ago, the Gangnam Police Station confirmed that the claims have not been withdrawn.
In their statement, they said:
“We’re receiving information about the withdrawal through media reports, but a withdrawal has not been filed with us. We have not received any of these forms. What’s been reported is not true”.ADVERTISEMENT
The police also added that they have yet to examine the CCTV recordings. “Firstly, we will summon the victim to confirm the situation, and afterwards, we’ll have to investigate the accused Yoochun in order to have a general outline,” said a police representative.
According to Channel A via All Kpop, the crime scene is an exclusive adult entertainment bar where it’s run through a membership program.
We’ll be updating this post with more information as soon as get them, so stay tuned!