After all, several media outlets have previously reported that the group was “on the verge of breaking up”. Though their talent agency has denied all these claims, it’s hard not to speculate on their possible disbandment.
Now, fans are speculating that 2NE1 could be gearing up for a comeback instead after leader CL removed a photo that she posted on her personal Instagram account last night.
On 10th November, CL updated her Instagram with a heavily blurred photo that came with the caption: “ALL OR NOTHING”. However, she later removed the photo and replaced it with several photos of her on a make-up test.
Though the photo has been deleted, fans said that the photo, which was heavily pixelated to avoid speculations, roughly featured 4 people.
In fact, the caption “All or Nothing” is the title of the concert tour they held last year. The update simply raised suspicions that 2NE1 was the artiste YG Entertainment was referring to in the latest “Who’s Next” poster.
As if that deleted photo alone wasn’t enough to fuel rumours regarding 2NE1’s comeback, Park Bom was once again spotted outside of YG Entertainment’s headquarters in Seoul, South Korea yesterday.
On 10th November, several fans spotted Bom leaving the YG building alongside 2NE1’s personal trainer, Hwang Ssabu. This marked the 2nd time she was spotted in public since her year-long hiatus. She was first spotted outside of her company last month.
— BOMshells?Park Bom (@WeLoveBom) November 10, 2015
Of course, none of the pictures are concrete enough to prove that 2NE1 is indeed making a comeback.
From what we know, the rest of the group members are busy with their own solo activities. CL is focusing on her US debut while Dara and Minzy are busy with drama projects and a self-established dance academy respectively.
If it’s true that they’re making a comeback soon, it will mark their first comeback since releasing their 2nd studio album “Crush” in 2014.
For now, we will just keep our fingers crossed!
UPDATE (11th Nov, 11:21am):
It’s no longer a rumour! 2NE1 is the next artiste to be featured in the “Who’s Next” series.
According to Allkpop, YG Entertainment has confirmed that 2NE1 will be making a comeback on 21st November. Soompi also reported that a digital music distributor told Korean media outlet Maeil Kyungjae that 2NE1 will be releasing a new album.
No further details have been annnounced, but stay tuned for more updates.