Ever wondered what your favourite artiste is shazaming? Well, wonder no more.
From now onwards, fans can share in the excitement of music discovery with their favourite artistes. Shazam users can now follow top artistes like Calvin Harris, Major Lazer, Pitbull, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Coldplay and more to see what they’re shazaming. This latest update by Shazam gives users a unique view into moments when the world’s hit-makers discover music that inspires them.
“Our users Shazam over 20 million times each day to discover the music playing around them,” said Rich Riley, Chief Executive Officer at Shazam. “Now, those Shazams transform into an ongoing relationship with artistes, giving users a truly unique place to get great music content.”
“The biggest artistes in the world are also the biggest fans. They use Shazam every day to explore new music, and for the first time ever, their fans can share in those moments as they happen,” said Daniel Danker, Chief Product Officer at Shazam.
New discoveries from artistes that users have Shazamed will appear automatically in Shazam. As users go through the app and browse new artistes, they can follow them with the touch of a button to see what those artistes are Shazaming. Users will also be kept up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artistes they follow. This new update comes with a bonus with the launch of Apple Music as fans can listen to the songs artistes Shazam by tapping on the new “Listen on Apple Music” button.
The June 30th (Tuesday) announcement revealed that the artistes listed below are the the first to let fans in on their discoveries. Shazam will soon be welcoming hundreds of additional artistes from across the world to share their favourite tracks with fans.
- Pitbull – 44.7m Followers
- Calvin Harris – 42.0m Followers
- Avicii – 41.4m Followers
- Maroon 5 – 30.2m Followers
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis – 29.4m Followers
- Jason Derulo – 28.7m Followers
- OneRepublic – 27.7m Followers
- Wiz Khalifa – 27.1m Followers
- Imagine Dragons – 25.3m Followers
- Coldplay – 22.9m Followers
- Usher – 20.9m Followers
- Robin Thicke – 20.1m Followers
- Enrique Iglesias – 20m Followers
- Clean Bandit – 18.6m Followers
- One Direction – 17.6m Followers
- Linkin Park – 14.0m Followers
- Alicia Keys – 13.6m Followers
- Meghan Trainor – 13.5m Followers
- Tove Lo – 12.4m Followers
- Alesso – 11.8m Followers
- Shakira – 11.7m Followers
- Selena Gomez – 11.0m Followers
- Mariah Carey – 10.3m Followers
- YG – 9.8m Followers
- Fall Out Boy – 8.3m Followers
- Shaggy – 7.3m Followers
- Pearl Jam – 6.1m Followers
- Zac Brown Band – 4.2m Followers
- Fifth Harmony – 3.7m Followers
- Nick Jonas – 3.6m Followers
- Hunter Hayes – 3.5m Followers
- Adam Lambert – 3.1m Followers
The new update includes a number of exciting changes in the Shazam app including:
- Personal Music Home – The Shazam home will now reveal new Shazams from artistes you follow. Like what you see? Tap “Like” to give feedback directly to the artist.
- Follow / Un-follow – Fans can now choose new artistes to follow or artistes they’d prefer to stop following by going to My Shazam.
- Artiste Pages – Artistes now have a new home on Shazam. Each artiste has a page with their Shazam discoveries, top tracks on Shazam, music videos, and more. Artiste pages also reveal the number of followers each artist has.
- Shazam Counts – For the very first time, Shazam is revealing the number of times each track has been Shazamed.
Pretty cool ey? Share your thoughts with us on the latest Shazam update by sounding off in the comments section.