Nailing that crazy lady role is definitely Rosamund Pike‘s forte. Last year, she floored audiences with her breakout role as Amy Dunne in David Fincher’s “Gone Girl” and eventually scored herself a well-deserved Oscar nod. And now, she’s once again proving that her flawless looks can be deceiving.
Before there was “Gone Girl”, there was “Return to Sender”, an American thriller film which also stars Pike as a crazy psychopath who’s out to get her revenge.
While it’s not a “Gone Girl” prequel, you can see how Pike first nailed her psychotic role in this film, directed by Fouad Mikati (of “Operation: Endgame” fame).
“Return From Sender” centres on Miranda (played by Rosamund Pike), “a dedicated nurse, exquisite cake maker and impeccable friend” whose life is changed after brutally assaulted by a man named William (played by Shiloh Fernandez) on a blind date. Though William is convicted and jailed for his crime, Miranda can’t overcome the fear and trauma enough to return to her former self. Desperate for closure, she begins to find strength and courage by reaching out to William. First through letters, then prison visits – Miranda slowly builds a relationship with him. But when William is paroled and comes looking for her, Miranda seizes the opportunity to exact revenge.
The full cast is as follows:
- Rosamund Pike as Miranda
- Shiloh Fernandez as William Finn
- Nick Nolte as Miranda’s Father
- Camryn Manheim as Nurse
- Illeana Douglas as Real Estate Agent
All thanks to our friends at TGV Pictures Malaysia, we will be giving away giving us some exclusive premiere screening passes to our lucky readers.
Deets of the premiere screening are as follows:
- Date: 8th July 2015 (Wednesday)
- Time: 9pm
- Venue: TGV Encorp Strand
To win the passes, all you gotta do is tell us:
- Who is the director of “Return to Sender”?
- True or false: “Return to Sender” is a “Gone Girl” prequel.
- From your perspective, what would you do if you were in Miranda’s position?
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to email@example.com. Each winner walks away with 4 tickets per person. There are limited tickets and this will be based on a first-come-first-served basis.
That’s right. Start sending in those e-mails now before it’s too late 😉
Terms and conditions:
- There will be no winners announcement post. Winners will be contacted via e-mail after the contest has closed.
- Winners are required to redeem their tickets at the cinema on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of tickets for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 7th July (Tuesday) at 6pm.
Based a screenplay written by Patricia Beauchamp and Joe Gossett, “Return To Sender″ is slated for release on 9th July 2015.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates and breaking news: https://t.me/hypemsia