“I want to show everyone that if you pursue your dreams, they can come true no matter what. That’s what I want to do,” – Martin Garrix.
EDM poster boy Martin Garrix first gained worldwide attention with his monster hit “Animals” which was released in 2014. “Animals” reached the #1 position in several countries including Holland, Belgium, and England, and also secured the top 5 position in Australia, France, Spain, and Germany.
Following the success of “Animals”, his remix of Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike and Sander van Doorn’s “Project T” received support by some of the biggest DJs across the world
The 19-year-old Dutch DJ and producer has since played festivals across the globe, fraternised with electronic dance music royalty and produce some of the biggest records to date. Undeniably, one of the most hardworking DJs in the industry, Martin has since traveled across the globe, played at some of the biggest festivals, and collaborated with A-listers including Afrojack, Tiësto, Hardwell, Dillon Francis and Usher.
Definitely one of the next big things to come our way, Martin was also listed on the Forbes 2015’s 30 Under 30 list. Now, in case you haven’t heard, Martin is making his way back to Kuala Lumpur in a couple of days. Brought to fans by Zouk Club KL, Martin is set to perform at KL Live on 17th May (Sunday) to give fans a much-needed fun night out.
In order to prep you for his show, here a couple of things that you may or may not already know about Martin:
- His birth name name is Martijn Garritsen.
- Martin’s favourite famous wizard is “The Wizard Of Oz”.
- He teamed up with Tiësto in a 7UP commercial.
- Martin crashed his boat into David Guetta’s dock in Miami in March 2015.
- He played the guitar for about 6 to 7 years.
- In an interview with Music Ninja, Martin said that he’s the boss at sleeping, he can sleep anywhere and anytime. Such a cutie, right!
- Martin is currently ranked #4 on DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs poll.
- In an interview with iHeart Radio, Martin said he loves lions, but if he could be an animal he would choose to be a bird because what he really wants to do is fly and see the world from above.
There you have it, 8 facts about Martin Garrix to prep you for his show here this Sunday! Event details here.
We leave you today with “Don’t Look Down” by Martin Garrix and Usher: