Meet The Script: Danny O’Donoghue (vocals, piano), Mark Sheehan (vocals, guitar), Glen Power (vocals, drums). 3 Irish men who are as direct – as impassioned – as their songs.
The onetime studio whizzes who stepped up to form a band, then, on their last album, stepped front and centre. It was called #3, it featured the trio on the artwork, and did exactly what that no-nonsense cover and title intended.
“The last album was us stepping out in to the light,” affirms Danny, as impressive a speaker as he is a frontman, but now with a top-spin of telegenic confidence, courtesy of his 2 seasons judging on The Voice on BBC1. “We’d been the faceless band before that. We’d had 2 albums that were enormously successful but there was a disconnect – people might know the song but they wouldn’t know the band, or the name of the band.”
But now they’re back after their #3 world tour in 2013 tour which spanned 11 months and included shows throughout Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia. And after selling 20 million records, with 5 platinum US singles (2 of which are triple platinum). The Script’s fourth album, “No Sound Without Silence”, is the sound of a band firing on all cylinders and channelling the momentum of their last, rocket-powered campaign. After finishing touring #3 at the end of last year, took a scant couple of weeks off, then quickly re-entered their studios in London and Dublin.
Their first single, the ultra-catchy “Superheroes”, was warmly received, as expected:
Like it? Wanna listen to the rest of The Script’s “No Sound Without Silence”? Then you’re in luck!
We’re got 10 copies of the album to giveaway to 10 lucky winners. Yes, that’s one copy of “No Sound Without Silence” per winner. Here’s what you gotta do to win one! Tell us:
- How long did The Script’s #3 world tour go on for?
- What is the name of the first single off The Script’s new album?
- Why do you deserve to win The Script’s “No Sound Without Silence”? Get creative!
E-mail your answers with your details (Name, IC, Contact number) to email@example.com and if you’re the winner, we’ll contact you via e-mail after the submissions have closed.
Special thanks to our awesome buddies from Sony Music Malaysia for making this contest happen!
Terms and conditions:
- Winners will be contacted via e-mail. There will be no winners announcement post.
- Winners are required to pick up the album from our office.
- Contest is open to those residing in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur only.
- Prizes are strictly non-transferable. Hype Malaysia reserves the right to refuse the collection of prizes for those who attempt to transfer it from one contest winner (in whose name it is registered) to another person.
- Organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions of this contest at their own discretion without prior notice.
- The judges’ decision is final, conclusive, and no further correspondence shall be entertained.
- Submissions close on 3rd October (Friday), 6pm.
For more information, visit The Script’s official website.