Brace yourselves. The battle between the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the DC Cinematic Universe has begun!
Warner Bros. has recently announced the official release dates for 9 new DC films that were scheduled through 2020, beginning with “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” in 2016. Earlier, a source revealed that the studio is treating “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” as a launch pad for the subsequent films in the DC Cinematic Universe.
Thus, it makes sense that that they’ve decided to move forward the release date of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” to March 25th in 2016.
Here is the list of DC future films’ release dates as it stands:
- “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” – March 25, 2016
- Untitled DC Film – August 5, 2016
- Untitled DC Film – June 23, 2017
- Untitled DC Film – November 17, 2017
- Untitled DC Film – March 23, 2018
- Untitled DC Film – July 27, 2018
- Untitled DC Film – April 5, 2019
- Untitled DC Film – June 14, 2019
- Untitled DC Film – April 3, 2020
- Untitled DC Film – June 19, 2020
All the titles of the films have not been revealed yet but it was rumoured that the iconic Justice League superheroes such as Aquaman, Shazam, Wonder Woman and Cyborg will have their own individual superhero film soon.
Given the fact that the studio is planning to release 2 DC-based properties per year, the studio is expected to go up against Marvel Studios. Sony Pictures will be releasing 2 Spider-Man spin-off films as well, including a female-led superhero film that hasn’t been done in decades.
With so many superhero films coming our way soon, aren’t you excited? We can’t wait to watch them either. All of them!