Sundance Channel will premiere a superb line-up of new and exclusive programming from 26th – 30th April to celebrate the second annual Sundance London festival. Viewers can tune in to Astro b.yond (channel 438) each night at 10pm to catch the premiere of four exclusive movies recently seen at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival as well as highlights from Sundance London. Movies that will be featured include:
- This is Martin Bonner (Friday, 26 April) – Two men, at opposite ends of the social spectrum, find themselves starting new lives in the same, small town and form an unlikely friendship.
- Halley (Saturday, 27 April) – Alberto is dead and can no longer hide it. Make-up and perfume can no longer conceal his quickly decomposing body. Dismayed, he decides to withdraw from the world. But before surrendering to his living death, Alberto forms an unusual friendship with Silvia, the manager of the 24-hour gym where he works as a night guard.
- Computer Chess (Sunday, 28 April) – A 1980s-set story centered around a man vs. machine chess tournament.
- Goats (Monday, 29 April) – As Ellis prepares to leave Tucson for his freshman year at an East Coast prep school, he also faces separating from his flaky, new age mother and the only real father he has ever known: Goat Man.
- I Used to Be Darker (Tuesday, 30 April) – A runaway seeks refuge with her aunt and uncle in Baltimore and finds their marriage ending and her cousin in crisis. In the days that follow, the family struggles to let go of the past while searching for new things to hold onto.
Sundance London takes place 25th – 28th April at The O2, and will feature the UK premieres of films from the 2013 Sundance Film Festival which took place in January in Park City, Utah. Daily live music performances, discussions, panels and other public events will round out the four-day festival.
This exclusive premiere on Sundance Channel highlights the network’s commitment to delivering bold and uncompromising original programming, films, documentaries and specials available in HD to audiences in Malaysia. Owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., Sundance Channel is dedicated to founder Robert Redford’s mission to celebrate creativity.