The name f(x) is a play on the mathematical notation for function, with “f” signifying “flower” and “x” representing the female’s double X chromosome. Led by Victoria (who was spotted by a SM Entertainment agent at a dance competition), f(x) consists of other members such as Krystal, Amber, Luna, and Sulli.
f(x) is famous for their members with diverse backgrounds e.g. Victoria the Chinese, Krystal the Korean-American, Amber the Taiwanese-American, and the only two South Korean Koreans in the group, Luna and Sulli.
The f(x) girls were first introduced to the world via a teaser preview on YouTube in August 2009. By November 2009, their debut album, “Chu~♡” (consisting of only 3 songs) was released. Although it was the mini-est of mini albums, it got tongues wagging and less than a year later, f(x) performed alongside their label-mates in the “SMTown Live ’10 World Tour” which included stops in Tokyo, Shanghai, Los Angeles, and Paris.
In June 2012, after releasing a series of teaser images and an MV teaser, their EP, “Electric Shock” was announced. Its title track of the same name skyrocketed to success when became such a hit that it was selected as the theme song for the “Uminoie Resort” commercial:
[youtube id=”n8I8QGFA1oM” width=”600″ height=”350″]
On top of that, “Electric Shock” was also performed on various popular music shows such as Music Bank, Music Core M! Countdown, and Inkigayo, giving f(x) full coverage of their promotional activities and effort. So much so that the girls are now in the running to bag a couple of “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” awards.
- “Electric Shock” for “Album of The Year”.
- “Electric Shock” for “Song of The Year”.
Other facts about f(x) as follows:
- f(x) leader, Victoria, idolizes popular Chinese entertainment industry icons, Faye Wong and Zhang Ziyi.
- US-born Krystal was spotted by SM Entertainment in a shopping mall while she was on holiday with her family in Korea.
- Both Krystal and her older sister, Jessica, are signed on to SM Entertainment. Krystal for f(x) and Jessica for SNSD Girls’ Generation.
- Luna has an identical twin sister, who is older than her.
- For 24 years of her life, Victoria thought that her blood type was “O”. It’s actually type “A”.
- Once, Amber confessed that she was a huge fan of SNSD Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon.
- Sulli said that she loves writing in pretty pocket notebooks and she carries a journal everywhere she goes.
Here’s another fact: As of now, f(x) is slated to make an appearance at “Samsung GALAXY The 27th Golden Disk Awards in Kuala Lumpur” (GDA), as confirmed by the GDA committee.
To purchase tickets, hit up TicketPro or any of their participating outlets right now! Tickets are priced at RM999 (Samsung GALAXY Zone) and RM688 (Rockpit). We hear that tickets are going to go fast so hurry!
For more information, visit their official website.