Director Lee Cronin is hoping that his latest cult classic film “Evil Dead Rise” will make audiences puke. ”We had our first puker at the European premiere of the movie, so I’m hoping more of that happens,“ the Irish filmmaker was quoted as saying.
It was “Evil Dead” franchise creator Sam Raimi who handpicked Lee Cronin to write and direct “Evil Dead Rise” after being impressed by his 2019 feature directorial debut, “The Hole in the Ground”. With that in mind, Cronin knew he wanted to zone in on a family’s dynamics, specifically about maternal fears.
Set in Los Angeles, the franchise introduces fans to sisters Beth and Ellie (played by Lily Sullivan and Alyssa Sutherland). Instead of taking things to the woods, “Evil Dead Rise” keeps things contained and claustrophobic in a condemned apartment block. We’re introduced to tattoo artist Ellie and her 3 children – Bridget (Gabrielle Echols), Danny (Morgan Davies) and Kassie (Nell Fisher). Mayhem starts to unravel when Ellie’s sister Beth shows up.
An earthquake occurs and opens a vault beneath the block. Danny discovers a mysterious book that turns out the Book of the Dead. This unleashes flesh-possessing demons and Beth is thrust into a primal battle for survival as she must face the most nightmarish version of motherhood imaginable. “I wanted you to fall in love with the characters in the movie,” Cronin told The Wrap. “And then I could start swinging the chainsaw around and drawing blood. I just wanted to kick the shit out of them and the audience.”
Thanks to our friends at Warner Bros. Malaysia, we have 15 pairs of movie tickets to give away. Details of the screening are as per below:
- Date: 18th April 2023, Tuesday
- Time: 8:15pm
- Venue: GSC The Starling Mall (Hall 1)
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by 17th April 2023.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.