Ben Affleck declares the screening premiere of “Air” at South by Southwest Film & TV Festival (SXSW) as “the most important night of my professional life”. That’s a pretty bold statement coming from the Oscar winner, and with good reason too.
With a star-studded cast of Matt Damon, Jason Bateman, Marlon Wayans, Chris Messina, Chris Tucker, and Viola Davis, “Air” a new American biographical sports drama film chronicles the origin of the Air Jordan shoeline. It delves into the partnership when Nike struck a game-changing deal with basketball player Michael Jordan.
In speaking to Variety, Ben Affleck recalled a conversation with Michael Jordan that left a lasting impression. “(When) he talked about his mother. It was the first time I saw this look cross his face. It was a look of reverence, of awe, of love, and gratitude, and innocence. He said, ‘None of this would have ever happened without my mother.’ I said, ‘Who would you like to play your mom?’ He said, ‘Well, it has to be Viola Davis’,” the filmmaker said.
“Viola Davis is the best actor I’ve ever seen,” Affleck added. “I always felt that if i was a director one day, and I had Viola Davis in a movie, that would really be something. That would mean the world to me. And it does.” Viola plays Jordan’s protective, business-savvy mother Deloris. “Deloris and my mom were born in a generation of people whose dreams were their kids. It’s the height of Jim Crow. It’s the height of Black people being told that their dreams didn’t matter. So for her to have that big vision for her son, and to believe it wholeheartedly, is sort of miraculous,” the actress told THR.
Thanks to our friends at Warner Bros. Malaysia, we have 15 pairs of movie tickets to give away. Details of the screening are as per below:
- Date: 4th April 2023, Tuesday
- Time: 8:45pm
- Venue: TGV 1Utama (Hall 6)
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share this post on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by early April 2023.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.
“Air” will debut in local cinemas on 6th April.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.