Now may be a good time for restaurants to start doing their health and safety inspections before the year ends. We don’t want any customers getting sick after dining in. Just recently, a customer was so disgusted to find tiny maggots wiggling around in a Sushi King Shoya bottle. Fortunately, the outlet has responded and will take the necessary actions.
But it looks like people will also have to be on the lookout when they dine at their local Mamak restaurants as well. While most are relatively safe and clean, this customer, unfortunately, had a traumatising experience after a rat decided to join him for dinner.
Depan mata sndiri, No More mkn mamak 😵 janjiii pic.twitter.com/HxkhjFbZHY
— ig : zoeyhanafiah (@zoeyhanafiah) December 22, 2022
The only rat anyone would be happy to see in a restaurant is Remy from Disney’s “Ratatouille” but even then, they’d think twice about being served by a vermin in real life. A user on Twitter who goes by @zoeyhanafi posted a video of him discovering a large rat enjoying fried chicken at a local Mamak while he was also eating his meal as well.
“It was right in front of my eyes! No more eating at Mamak! I swear!” the user tweeted. The video, posted at 5am today (Friday, 23rd December), quickly went viral with the tweet itself now reaching over 1.7 million views, 7.4k retweets, and over 3k quote tweets at the time of writing. Netizens were outraged as to how restaurant staff could have missed spotting an animal that size.
Many expressed their concerns over the Mamak’s hygiene while others joked about how the rat was just “Ratatouille”‘s Remy doing what he does best. The viral video even caught the attention of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and they asked the Twitter user for further details of the incident.
It is currently unknown where the incident took place and at the time of writing, there have been no updates from MOH or the Twitter user but we do hope that they will take all the necessary actions against the restaurant.