It’s been over a decade since the “Shrek” sequel introduced us to the Zorro-inspired Puss in Boots. The swashbuckling ginger cat with a tiny sword, slick pair of boots, and an adorable pair of enormous kitten eyes is finally back with another epic adventure this holiday season, so buckle up peeps!
Unlike his previously outings, “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” tackles more serious topics, such as death when Puss comes face to face with his own mortality. As such, the stakes are much more serious this round.
The plot synopsis reads:
“Puss has burned through eight of his nine lives, though he lost count along the way. Getting those lives back will send Puss in Boots on his grandest quest yet. He embarks on an epic journey into the Black Forest to find the mythical Wishing Star and restore his lost lives. But with only one life left, Puss will have to humble himself and ask for help from his former partner and nemesis: the captivating Kitty Softpaws.
In their quest, Puss and Kitty will be aided—against their better judgment—by a ratty, chatty, relentlessly cheerful mutt, Perrito. Together, our trio of heroes will have to stay one step ahead of Goldilocks and the Three Bears Crime Family, Jack Horner and terrifying bounty hunter, the big, bad Wolf.”
Despite the darker tone, “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” is still every bit as amusing and enjoyable. To quote actor Antonio Banderas, “It teaches you to value life more than anything else — you only have one life and you have to fully live it.”
Thanks to our friends from United International Pictures Malaysia, we’ve got some cool movie goodies to give away before “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” premieres locally on 22nd December. The following merchandise will be given out randomly and are subject to availability:
- “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” Backpacks
- “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” Travel Picnic Blankets with water Resistant Backing
- “Puss In Boots: The Last Wish” T-shirts
Terms and conditions:
- Like Hype Malaysia’s Facebook, follow us on Instagram @hypemy and Twitter @HypeMY.
- Share the post on your Facebook. Increase your chances by getting your friends to like and share your social media posts.
- Tag your friends and help spread the word.
- Private Message us the link to your contest post on Facebook after you’re done. Include your Twitter and Instagram account links so that we can verify.
- Ensure that your post privacy is set to public otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
- There will be no winners announcement post as winners will be contacted privately via Facebook by late December 2022.
- This contest is only open to those living in Klang Valley as winners may need to collect the prizes from Hype’s office.
- HERE is a step-by-step guide to help you from getting disqualified.